• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

v3.5 Core Books on sale!

Cergorach

The Laughing One
@A'koss:
weapon enhancements: still a max of +10 enchantments, no weapon special abilities have a cost instead of a + bonus. Only Armors have the option to add abilities that cost gp
new wpn enh: there are abilities that are new for the DMG, but not to D&D, i think the got a couple from other sourcebooks.
Improved Whirlwind Attack: it's not in the DMG
Tarrasque: HD 48d10+594 (858hp), AC35
slumbers for 6d4 months, hunts for 1d3 days, once per decade very active for 1d2 weeks, then slumbers 4d6 years. damage reduction 15/epic, Regeneration 40, needs to have 868 points of non lethal damage and cast a wish or miracle to keep it dead.

@ThirdWizard:
Golem Magic Immunity: Immunity to Magic (Ex): Golem is immune to any spell or spell-like ability that allows spell resistance. In addition, certain spells and effects function differently as noted below.

@Jake Edward:
(some) Solar Stats: CR 23; HD 22d8+110 (209hp); AC 35; DR15/Epic an evil; regen 15; immune to acid, cold, and petrification; resistance electricity 10, fire 10; SR 32, protective aura, tongues, spells, spells, and lots of spells. I'm not typing up the entire entry, sorry (see note below).

@jgsugden:
vorpal costs: still +5, but has a CL of 18 and that is required.
bats seeing 10': Blindsense (Ex): A bat notices and locates creatures within 20 feet. Opponents still have 100% concealment against a creature with blindsense.

@MorningStar
Eldritch Knight skills & sp: 2 + Int; Concentration, Craft, Decipher Script, Jump, Knowledge (arcana), Knowledge (nobility and royalty), Ride, Sense Motive, Spellcraft, Swim.

@CrusadeDave
Duelist Class: HD d10; prereq: Base Attack +6, Perform 3 ranks, Tumble 5 ranks, Feats Dodge, Mobility, Weapon Finesse; skill points 4+int; Base Attack of a fighter; Ref save is good; 1st canny defense; 2nd improved reaction +2; 3rd Enhanced Mobility; 4th Grace; 5th Pricise strike +1d6; 6th Acrobatic Charge; 7th Eleborate pary; 8th improved reaction +4; 9th deflect arrows; 10th precise strike. don't know if it's different though.

Note to all: please be a bit more specific when asking for info, i'm not typing up the entire entry for the solar ;-)

hong

WotC's bitch
I'm wondering if they've toned down the wuxia-ification of D&D at high levels.

What does the fly spell do now? How about air walk?

How much do winged boots cost, and have they changed much?

Any changes to dimension door?

Does teleport still have a chance of landing off-target? (Might already have been answered; can't remember.)

onkelarie

First Post
Yup, I went to the store today in Rotterdam (Holland) and what saw my eyes? All three core manuals hehehe:) They're for sale all over Holland indeed. I was so much in doubt whether I should buy them or not, but I could withstand it.... I'll just wait for the accessory for the 3.0 manuals...

player1

First Post
I have one specific question.

I'ts confiremed that armors didn't change much with revison.

Only several of them have their weight changed (all else same).

So which armors are that?

P.S.
For easier comparasion, here are the weights from 3.0e PHB:

Padded 10lb
Leather 15lb
Studded leather 20lb
Chain shirt 25lb
Hide 25lb
Scale mail 30lb
Chainmail 40lb
Breastplate 30lb
Splint mail 40lb
Banded mail 35lb
Half-plate 50lb
Full plate 50lb
Buckler 5lb
Shield, small, wooden 5lb
Shield, small, steel 6lb
Shield, large, wooden 10lb
Shield, large, steel 15lb
Shield, tower 45lb

Last edited:

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Trainz said:
With some monsters having Blasphemy at will (i.e. Pit Fiend), you put a Pit Fiend and a kobold and you have an instant TPK. Just let the Pit Fiend cast Blasphemy each round, and eventually, all the PC's, whatever level they are, unless they have spell-resistance (very unlikely) are kobold-fodder.

If you read 3E Blasphemy again, you'll see that doesn't work unless the PCs are from Baator...

"Creatures native to your plane who hear the blasphemy and are not evil suffer the following ill effects..."

-Hyp.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads