• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

v3.5 Core Books on sale!

AngusSmith

First Post
Re: The ?

Truth Seeker said:
Ya'all acting like a bunch of kids waiting at the toy store, for the newest action figure to be release at midnight.

Lord help us!!!:eek:

(and to top it off, the questionarres are mostly adults, go figure)

You can make me grow older, but you can't make me grow up. :p

The only thing that I'm really curious about is how the Paladin's called mount works. I was looking forward to eventually getting a griffin as a bonded mount. So, does the new called mount allow for special types?

KingCroMag

First Post
Could you describe any differences in the big conjuration spells - Lesser Planar Binding, Summon Monster, and Gate?

What changes have been made to the rogue?

-KCM

I personally (picked books up from FLGS yesterday) am thouroughly pleased with the books. They looks great imho, and the layout is just delicious of all three of them.

The most important change in the DMG is that they include a LARGE portion of the LARGE book about the PLANES.... Which I personaly love and why I've been the proud owner of a MOTP for years now but that's not the point..... mountains of pages with the PrC's, Tons of items so the DMG really really is looking crunchy and then the battlemap and all... DMG really looks great.

MM is awsome too, Imho it really improved, with additional art, monsters, name changes and they added hero's or champion's or exeptional versions WITH stat blocks for ALOT of races. Really great! Tons of example zombies and skelletons enz for races like skeleltal dragon, skelletal shark skelletal fish **SKELLETAL KOBOLD!** Just plain great.

PhB just looks ok, the changes in spells and PC's which are what we're all doing it for offcourse :p

All in all the books are much improved Imho, they are really well to read through, great layout and much cclearer now.

Snoweel

First Post
Re: Re: The ?

Since I just bought these books, I'll answer a few questions:

AngusSmith said:

The only thing that I'm really curious about is how the Paladin's called mount works. I was looking forward to eventually getting a griffin as a bonded mount. So, does the new called mount allow for special types?

Not in this version. Called mounts are restricted to horses, even for different sized Paladins.

For non-Medium sized Paladins, the DMG suggests scrapping the Called mount in exchange for Fighter feats at levels 5, 7, 10, 13, 16 and 20.

Originally posted by KingCroMag

Could you describe any differences in the big conjuration spells - Lesser Planar Binding, Summon Monster, and Gate?

LPB now has a range of touch.

The Summon Monster spells are now restricted to the summoning of one monster only but the duration is now 10 mins/level.

Gate has been renamed Bigby's Gate and now requires a ranged touch attack.

What changes have been made to the rogue?

They have had their skill ponts dropped to 4 per level, less class skills, more weapon proficiencies, more armour proficiencies, d12 Hit Dice, +1/level BAB and DR and rage (increasing their STR and CON by 2) are among their new class abilities.

And they can no longer read.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Fedifensor

Explorer
Re: Re: Re: The ?

Snoweel said:
For non-Medium sized Paladins, the DMG suggests scrapping the Called mount in exchange for Fighter feats at levels 5, 7, 10, 13, 16 and 20.
*BOGGLE* The mount is worth *6* Fighter feats?!? I'll make that trade in a second!

Damn, thought it was too good to be true...

Last edited:

Brekki

First Post
I only have the PH with me today, cause I do have to work a little ;). So other questions will be ignored for the moment.

And ... plz number the questions.

@ Kingamy:
Paladin mount gets extra hd at the same levels.

@ Lady Isis:
The animal companion rules are already in Olgar's "Compiled 3.5 Revisions" thread.

@ Delgar:
Ray of Exhaustion, Sor/Wiz 3, VSM, range: Close, dur: 1 m/l, save: Fort partial, sr: Yes
Ranged touch, subject is immediately exhausted for the spell's duration. Successfull save means creature is only fatigued. A character that is already fatigued becomes exhausted. No effect on an already exhausted creature.

@ ....
Rage, Enc (Com)[Mind], Brd2, Sor/Wiz 2, range: Medium, target: willing creature/3 lvls within 30 ft of eachother, dur: Con + 1 r/l (D)
Morale bonusses: +2 Str, +2 Con, +1 Will Save, -2 AC, otherwise same as barbarian's rage, subjects aren't fatigued at the end of the rage.

@ Dagger
Ranger Spell List
alarm
animal messenger
calm animals
charm animal
delay poison
detect animals or plants
detect poison
detect snares and pits
endure elements
entangle
hide from animals
jump
lonstrider
magic fang
pass without trace
read magic
resist energy
speak with animals
summon natures ally 1

barkskin
bears endurance
cats grace
clw
hold animal
owls wisdom
protection from energy
snare
speak with plants
spike growth
summon natures ally 2
wind wall

command plants
cmw
darkvision
diminish plants
magic fang, greater
neutralize poison
plant growth
reduce animals
remove disease
repel vermin
summon natures ally 3
tree shape
water wall

animal growth
commune with nature
csw
freedom of movement
nondetection
summon natures ally 4
tree stride

@ Someone
Adamantine light armor gives DR 1/-, medium gives 2/-, heavy gives 3/- ... nice isn't it :D

Last edited:

Remove ads