• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

v3.5 Core Books on sale!

The Ranger V-Feat chains have been pretty widely posted:

Level 2: Two-Weapon Fighting or Rapid Shot

Level 6: Improved TWF or Manyshot (new 3.5 version)

Level 11: Greater TWF or Improved Precise Shot (new 3.5 feat)

Manyshot basicly allows you to fire multiple arrows with one attack roll as a standard action.

Improved Precise Shot basicly lets you ignore all but total cover or concelment.

Eltor Macnol

First Post
Magic Mouth

Since I got no answer in the original thread, I'll try posting it here:

I noticed that the spell Magic Mouth appears twice in the Bard spell list in Olgar Shiverstone's Compiled Revisions - at 1st and 2nd levels, to be more precise. Can anyone tell me what the correct level is?

Brekki

First Post
Brekki's 3.5 answers #18

@ Hammer of the Circle

Drow still have SR 11+class levels

@ gfunk

Trumpet Archon
Medium Outsider (Archon, Extraplanar, Good, Lawful)
HD: 12
Special Attacks: Spell-like abilities, spells (as 14th level clerics), trumpet
Special Qualities: Aura of menace (Will DC 21 negates), DR 10/evil, darkvision 60, immunity to electricity and petrification, magic circle vs evil, SR 29, teleport, tongues
CR: 14

@ Videssian
Combat Expertise: take a penalty of as much as -5 on your attack roll and add the same number as a dodge bonus to your AC. This number may not exceed your BaB.

@ Stephenls

Succubi (cr 7) still have a "summon tanar'ri" ability. 1/day 30% chance of summoning a Vrock (cr 9)

About killing summoned monsters, I've read nothing special about that so assume it's still part of the summoning creature's CR.

@ Kershek

Sorry, the seems like only one object was my conclusion, the sentence between """ was the only part of the spell saying anything about it.

@ Eltor Macnol

Magic Mouth is Brd1

Last edited:

Steverooo

First Post
Rangers

Could someone please post the ENTIRE text of the much-maligned Ranger abilities Camouflage & Hide in Plain Sight, so that we all know EXACTLY what they do, and what restrictions are placed upon their use? Thank you! :D

Steverooo

First Post
Rangers' FE & Knowledge

Does the Rangers' 3.5e mechanic give any bonus to Knowledge checks for their offensive/defensive capabilities? (For instance, Knowledge (Arcana) covers Constructs, Magical Humanoids, and Dragons... Does a Ranger with Favored Enemy: Dragons get any bonus to Knowledge (Arcana) checks in regards to Dragons?)

Re: Brekki's 3.5 answers

Hi Brekki mate! :)

I would have said thanks before now, but I have been experiencing network problems and only just got it sorted.

So Thanks. :)

Brekki said:
@ Upper_Krust

Angel, Planetar; Large Outsider (Angel, Extraplanar, Good)
- DR 10/evil, regeneration 10 (weakness = evil), electricity and fire resistance 10
- added slam attack for 2d8+10 and lost the composite longbow
- added Improved Sunder
- spell-like abilities: improved invisibility replaced by invisibility; 3/day polymorph (self only), power word stun, waves of fatigue; 1/day removed shapechange/symbol, added mass charm monster/waves of exhaustion
- planetars have access to two of the following domains ... (plus any others from its deity).

A few tiny follow up points:

- Have its ability scores changed much (I noticed that the Pit Fiends have been greatly increased)? I assume the Planetars or Solars haven't - which doesn't really make sense but I suppose in some way balances the benefit of the Integrated Cleric Levels.

- Why do Outsiders (is it only outsiders?) deal such a high base damage dice with their natural attacks? Is there some special reason given? I mean Monster Manual 2 gives us a figure of 1d8 for a Large Outsiders Slam attack, and a mere 1d6 for a Large Outsiders Claw attack but seemingly the Angels and Devils transcend these figures now.

- Does it still wield a +3 (Large?) Greatsword?

Brekki said:
Angel, Solar; Large Outsider (Angel, Extraplanar, Good)
- dancing greatsword no longer also vorpal
- added +2 mighty (+5) composite longbow, added slam for 2d8+13
- DR 15/epic and evil, regeneration 15 (weakness epic and evil), electricity and fire resistance 10
- added Improved Sunder and Track
- CR 23 now
- spell-like abilities: improved invisibility replaced by invisibility, added polymorph (self only), added power word stun, added waves of fatigue; 3/day added mass charm monster, added waves of exhaustion, removed shapechange; 1/day removed mass charm, removed symbol
- solars have access to two of the following domains ... (plus any others from its deity).

- Great news about the changes to its sword! :)

heirodule

First Post
Crafty Questions

1. have the craft requirements for Headbands of Intellect and Pearls of Wisdom changed as expected? I.e., that they use the non-physical (2nd level) buff spells as prereqs?

What is the Caster Level for them?

2. Is the Caster Level for Pearls of Power (all types) still 17th?

3. are Goggles of Night still 8000gp?

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Re: Brekki's 3.5 answersd #18

Brekki said:
Trumpet Archon
Medium Outsider (Archon, Extraplanar, Good, Lawful)
HD: 12
Special Attacks: Spell-like abilities, spells (as 14th level clerics), trumpet
Special Qualities: Aura of menace (Will DC 21 negates), DR 10/evil, darkvision 60, immunity to electricity and petrification, magic circle vs evil, SR 29, teleport, tongues
CR: 14

This always made me laugh before.

So a Trumpet Archon is a CR14 encounter - and a 14th Cleric is also a CR14 encounter... hmmm,

Archade

Azer Paladin
Plane Sailing,

Sure a Trumpet Archon is a CR14. It's maybe a little low, but not by much, while the Archon gains a bunch of abilities, it only has 14HD, lower saves, and no cleric domains. One of these against a 14th level cleric would pretty much go toe to toe... IMO, of course.

Remove ads