• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Vacation] Trip to Toronto, good gaming stores?

Gregor

First Post
Jack of Shadows said:
Survival lessons for the Hairy T. The owner is crazy and a conspiracy nut. Turn your cellphone off and don't use it while you're in the store. Don't ask why. Just trust me on this. Yes, the store manager is a transvestite. Try not to get into a conversation with him or you'll be there all day. The store clerk may make weird noises. You get used to it (well maybe not). If you want to look at the minis just ask them at the desk. The minis room is behind the desk and you'll need directions. Beyond that just try to ignore the "organic" smoke smell and you should be OK.

LOL, I was just about to offer this advice. Ya I got into a conversaion with that dude once and I have never been the same. You'll recognize him by his completely bald bead, save for the back and sides, which are covered in long gangly hair. One time I commented on how fat his cat was (Yes he lets these big fat smelly cats meander through the store...gross) and he replied "OH you wanna see some fat cats? Why not go take a look at the govenor of california and furthermore..." (not a political comment for discussion in this thread :uhoh: ) Yep. That's the owner!

Go for the selection and the prices...avoid human interaction!

MrFilthyIke

First Post
Jack of Shadows said:
Survival lessons for the Hairy T. The owner is crazy and a conspiracy nut. Turn your cellphone off and don't use it while you're in the store. Don't ask why. Just trust me on this. Yes, the store manager is a transvestite. Try not to get into a conversation with him or you'll be there all day. The store clerk may make weird noises. You get used to it (well maybe not). If you want to look at the minis just ask them at the desk. The minis room is behind the desk and you'll need directions. Beyond that just try to ignore the "organic" smoke smell and you should be OK.

I think there's one of those store owners in every major city...maybe they're unionized?? :uhoh:

Furry

First Post
I think the main stores in Toronto have been described perfectly here, although I have to add that Red Nails didn't impress me when I went there.

The Silver Snail is usually worth going to if for no other reason than Queen St West is usually an entertaining walk. More so if Much Music has something going on.

DWARF

First Post
Hey,
Thanks a lot guys! Seems like a pretty good set of places... sorta. But, I'm from Edmonton, so sorta sounds the same as here.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads