• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Valar Project News? (Adult Content)

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
I tried to visit the Valar Project webpage (www.valarproject.com) today - Aug. 25, 2006 - and found a message that reads...

Valar Project, Inc. is making big changes – we will have a new site and announcements of new game products in May. Until then this site is under construction – we are sorry for the inconvenience.

If you are interested in printing or manufacturing with Portal East please go to www.portaleast.com.

Thank-you,

The Management

Now, I've not been there in at least a year, possibly two. So, I do not know how "new" this announcement is. I mean, which "May" are they talking about? 'Cause if it was May '05 or '06, nothing seems to have happened. And it seems early for an announcement about May 07 (10 months from now).

Does anyone have any, ah, titillating news about the people who brought us the Book of Elf Fannies. Pardon me, I mean theBook of Erotic Fantasy.

I was always disappointed they never follow up BoEF was something else - round two, so to speak - that they, ah, what the phrase I'm looking for... that they did not come up with more. However, maybe now they are, oh, I don't know, hard at work on something to take our breath away. I can see how that would keep them, um, all tied up. Perhaps they are working up a sweat to make certain the book is properly laid out.

Alright. I've run out of innuendo. So I'll just post this message.

sckeener

First Post
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
It's May '05 that we're waiting for, I think.

I believe the notice was put up in 2005 for May '06.

Personally I think the one thing that doomed BoEF is the lack of adventures or other supplements. Adventures and supplements needed to be written for BoEF. I think it could have been done classy similar to the Black Dog company of White Wolf. Say a Ghouls fatal addiction for D&D or something.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
sckeener said:
I believe the notice was put up in 2005 for May '06.

Personally I think the one thing that doomed BoEF is the lack of adventures or other supplements.

Doomed?

I wouldn't be surprised if they made more money on it than any other OGL product out there. It was an FRP games bestseller for months.

I think they took the money and ran...

The Grumpy Celt

Banned
Banned
DaveMage said:
It was an FRP games bestseller for months...

Which is why I was suprised that they took the money and ran. I mean, sex sell apparently - go figure. ;)

In any event, I wonder what the news was? I wonder why they never followed through with the update? I wonder was Valtera and the Kestrel and the others are doing these days? I wonder...

Remove ads