• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Vampire Cape

anest1s

First Post
I figured I'd let everyone know what I had decided on doing.

Vampire's Cape

A sign of status among the vampire nobility, this cape is created from the blood of their victims and magically enhanced and treated. While this garment appears to be a normal cape sized for a medium creature, it confers many magical bonuses upon its wearer.

The cape provides a +6 armor bonus and 3 times per day may be used to provide an effect similar to Wings of Cover. The cape may also be used to great effect in combat, gaining jagged edges and billowing outwards and extending the wearer's natural reach to 10 feet. The cape deals 1d6 + strength modifier slashing damage, crits on 19-20 and channels a vampire's energy drain ability. These jagged edges ignore hardness less than 20.

Any living creature that dons this cape does so at great peril. Each day at sundown, the wearer must make a fortitude save or start turning into a vampire. The wearer of the cape is unaware of this transformation.

The damage is a blend of claws of darkness (above) and beast claws (CD). And I added the energy drain ability because that is such a big threat that by removing it from the fight, the danger of the creature is greatly diminished.

Defense abilities are there to fit the theme and feel of vampire's cape.

I added the curse because curses are awesome. I don't know what the DC will be for the save but I'm thinking it will be steep. DC 25 perhaps? As for how long the transformation takes, I'm thinking that on a failed save, the wearer takes the blood drain damage. When con hits 0 they become a vampire. If the party figures out what is going on they can use magic to fix it.

I would get the cape just to become a vampire

Remove ads