{Vampire: The Masquerade - OOC} New York by Night

Timothy

First Post
oh, maybe something to include: I haven't the feintest idea how it is played, I've seen it played once, copuple of years back, only hing I remember was that you need alot of the same dice (I think D10, could aslo be D6)

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
COOL!

I was just poking around over at white-wolf.com and noticed that under their "Interactive" section, they have a cool online dice roller.

Sweet.

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Timothy said:
oh, maybe something to include: I haven't the feintest idea how it is played, I've seen it played once, copuple of years back, only hing I remember was that you need alot of the same dice (I think D10, could aslo be D6)

D10. Your probably going to need the main book to be able to put together a character.

The good thing is, that is all you need.

Make sure that it is the Revised Edition. Guide to the Sabbat or Guide to the Camarilla is also a plus, depending on which way we go. Neither should be required though.

reapersaurus

First Post
I feel strongly that we should play Camarilla, NOT Sabbat.

As this sounds like it will be an introductory-type adventure for some to the World of Darkness (including myself), we should play the "standard" clans before branching into the more "advanced" clans.

It's analogous to wanting to play D&D as a core race before trying out the monster races.

Really, though, Ashram - a DM is kind of key before much discussion of a game can go on.
I guess this thread will have to just collect players (and dust) until a willing DM jumps in... :(

My wife wants to try her hand at playing in the game, as well.

garyh

First Post
I asked about non-d20 gaming in the IC Forum over in Meta here. P-Kitty gave his a-okay!!

I'm not interested in V:TM, but am meaning to pursue the reason I asked Piratecat soon, for those interested (particularly in Narrating :)).

KitanaVorr

First Post
It does sound interesting! I'd love to try it out since I'm really more of a roleplayer than a dice roller but I don't have the Vampire book at all and I know absolutely nothing about it myself, er except that its about vampires and their clans...and that's it!

:rolleyes:

Jarval

Explorer
Hmm, never got into Vampire, but I'll be interested to see how this goes.

You know, I'd really like to see an Ars Magica game start up here. That could be very cool :)

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
The rules really aren't too complex. Should be easy for someone to pick up on pretty quick. It isn't as bad as D&D.

I agree Reaper. For new players, the Camarilla seven basic clans are a good idea.

Now we just need someone to actually run the game.

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
I could probably run the game if you won't feel too badly about it becoming more cinematic and less grim and broody at times, something I've found bothers WoD players sometimes.

Remove ads