• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Vampire: The Requiem

If I was turned into a vampire, upon waking up I think my first reaction would be to shout, "F***!"

Really, vampires have crappy PR. I'd have to skulk in the shadows because if I ever actually killed somebody for blood, oh, I wonder how hard it would be for somebody to think, "Exsanguinated, huh? Through the neck? Okay, let's get the stakes and holy water."

Everybody knows how to kill vampires. It would suck to be a vampire. But I wouldn't be angsty. I'd just be b****y.

It'd still be fun, though, to play a vampire in a game.

Jürgen Hubert

First Post
Krellic said:
What I find interesting is the way WW are drip-feeding information about their new games. It reminds me very much of the early days of ENWorld save they are doing it in a far more calculating manner - and who can blame them, I wonder how much it would have cost WoTC to stir up the kind of feeding frenzy that preceded 3e? :lol:

Well, WW aren't the only ones who have learned a thing or two from WotC when it comes to marketing new lines. Witness the way SJG has slowly released new aspects of the upcoming GURPS 4E - everyone is talking about it, and when they released the new GURPS Lite last Friday, so many people tried to download it that their website crashed a few times...

Aaron L

Hero
RangerWickett said:
If I was turned into a vampire, upon waking up I think my first reaction would be to shout, "F***!"

-- If I woke up looking like that, I would run towards the nearest living thing and kill it.

Werther von G

First Post
Asmor said:
I like how they do it in Buffy: The Vampire Slayer. Vampires have no souls. They're still as smart and cunning as humans, but none of those pesky things like remorse to get in the way.

Except, of course, when they do. q.v. Angel, pregnant Darla, Spike....

Asmor said:
I like how they do it in Buffy: The Vampire Slayer. Vampires have no souls. They're still as smart and cunning as humans, but none of those pesky things like remorse to get in the way.

Of course if the Vampires were the main characters in the show, the way they are in the game, this would become unwatchable (or unplayable as the case may be) pretty quickly.

Funksaw

First Post
reanjr said:
Man, I'd be tempted to play their games if only they would get rid of dice pools. That system is so wrong in so many ways that it's chilling.
Well, they got rid of "1s" a while back. What's so wrong about dicepools?

Funksaw

First Post
Sorren said:
I would, and I did. I mentioned it over on the WW boards. It seems somewhere along the way, the WW fans started realizing that d20 really does handle combat well.

I would also tend to agree that the new WOD system is alot like d20 - but since it doesn't use Classes/Levels, I don't see too much of a problem with it.

That said, I *don't* tend to like the way d20 handles combat. It's just not exciting. Sure, excitement is in the hands of the GM, but it helps to have a system that's actually exciting to play. When WoD 2.0 comes out and it either enters the used market OR WW abandons or modifies DTRPG, I'll probably just end up using Adventure(ST!) for the rules - the conversion should be simpler...

That's an exageration of course, but I hate the way they start the hype machine sometimes more than a year in advance. WOTC developers are typically far more free with new info. They hype too of course, but they don't come across as elitist members of a secret society the way WW guys do.

SJG is much worse. But these are annoyances, not full-on insults. Personally, I'd like to know more about a project as it's being developed... the ParanoiaXP blog (www.costik.com/paranoia) was the way to do it right...

ecliptic

First Post
I don't like to that much. It simply lacks in comparison to d20. It is literally a pain in the ass to roll that many dice.

Funksaw

First Post
ecliptic said:
I don't like to that much. It simply lacks in comparison to d20. It is literally a pain in the ass to roll that many dice.
One of the things you could do, if it's just a PITA to roll a dicepool is, quite literally, take the "success levels chart" from any Unisystem Lite character sheet, and that'll translate a single d10 dice roll into "storyteller successes"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads