• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Vanguard:SOH

borc killer

First Post
Just a plug for my new MMORPG of choice. If you have not looked at Vanguard: Saga of Heroes much… you should. Over the last year of bate testing it I think it has really turned into a fun game and a great deal of depth. If your looking for something more than WoW has to offer and don’t want to dedicate your life to leveling then you should check it out.
http://www.joinvanguard.com/

Last edited:

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Oh, thank god, I was worried that someone would manage to plug Vanguard without making a dig at WoW. Because you know, that's the only way a game can be discussed ...

And "don't want to dedicate your life to leveling?" Heh heh. Are you sure you're talking about the right game?

TwistedBishop said:
Boy I can't wait to do corpse runs again!

Or upgrade to 2GB to ram...

I'm already at 2GB of RAM, and I'm looking forward to a non-dumbed down MMORPG, thank you. Not everyone's cup of tea, but I'm glad there's enough room for different games that appeal to different playstyles.

Ruined

Explorer
Hmm, maybe I'm just biased, but I think they need a better tech writer:

The Psionicist is the master of the psionic energies, having abilities to give the power to blast foes with mental energy, create large area destructive spells, stop a foes heart and even enter opponents minds, rendering them paralyzed.

Not bashing the game itself, I hope it ends up being a lot of fun. At times I feel like my WoW guild isn't nearly hardcore enough for me, or maybe it's the game itself. One day I may give either this or LOTRO a shot.

Hijinks

First Post
I've been beta testing V:SoH for over a year and I really like it. I'm an old-school EQ veteran and have been waiting for a game that I like. This time around, I'm part of a great large guild pre-launch (Leviathan, going to be on Flamehammer server), and I'm really looking forward to playing a MMORPG full-time again :)

borc killer

First Post
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
Oh, thank god, I was worried that someone would manage to plug Vanguard without making a dig at WoW. Because you know, that's the only way a game can be discussed ...

Err... honestly that was not a dig at WoW. WoW is a great game. GREAT. Like most great games it is very simple... and elegant. However it IS simple… if someone is looking for something ‘more’ Vanguard is a good place to look.

Whizbang Dustyboots said:
And "don't want to dedicate your life to leveling?" Heh heh. Are you sure you're talking about the right game?

And Yes. I am sure. Why do you ask?

borc killer

First Post
TwistedBishop said:
Boy I can't wait to do corpse runs again!

Or upgrade to 2GB to ram...

No corpse run unless you WANT to run for it. In fact I find the death medigation to be much less sever than in high level raid in WoW.

As for the 2GB of RAM… I would not recommend playing Vanguard with less than 2GB… but then I would not recommend playing WoW or any other MMO game with less.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads