• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Vanishing Goblin] Open Call for Writers [Notifications Sent]

Ruavel

First Post
anyone else working on this having troubles contacting DMAndrew...?

tried sending several emails but got no response yet...

:(

Teneb

Explorer
Keeper of Secrets said:
I am not sure why you have not gotten responses, but the deadline for submissions was over a month ago. That COULD be the problem.

True, but what I think he might be referring to is that deadlines for final submissions is today. @Ruaval: I sent him an email about a month ago with a question, and didn't receive a reply. Please let us know if you get a response. I'm spending the day polishing my final before sending it. I'd hate to think I'm wasting my time....

inkmonkeys

First Post
VG was tardy getting us our contract, so when we bugged him about it he promptly mailed it out. That was around the 19th of the last month, so he's alive and reading them. Developer/editors are frequently buried under a large collection of emails. Try mailing him again.

DMAndrew

First Post
Ah, e-mail issues.

Just to let everyone know: Yes, I am receiving and reading e-mails. However, I was having a great deal of trouble with e-mail recently. When I arranged for a service call, I ended up spending about a week with no internet/e-mail access whatsoever when the technician took out the entire network and was unable to correct it. I just love those guys.

Right now I am only replying to e-mails from people who were selected for the Rooms With A View project. I've been inundated with e-mails from artists, reviewers asking for free products, people who are still trying to send in Rooms With A View submissions, reviewers asking for free products, advertisers, reviewers asking for free products, people trying to get me to publish their complete brand-new role-playing system, and reviewers asking for free products.

As for the selected writers for Rooms With A View, I WAS responding to e-mails within 24 hours after receiving them, but apparently a number of my e-mails disappeared into the ether during the trouble period (I only discovered this when I contacted certain companies regarding invoices I had sent out via e-mail and didn't get paid).

According to my internet provider, everything should be working fine now, and I'm using a few friends to test the reliability of my e-mails over the next week or so.

IF you are one of the people working on Rooms With A View and IF you have sent me e-mails to which you have not received a response, please e-mail me again. Include your daytime phone number in the e-mail so that if my network drops out again, I can still contact you in respond to questions you may have.

If you are an artist, make sure you include links to your online portfolio. Many have already done this - I probably won't have time to send a reply e-mail, but I WILL look at your site and contact you if/when I have work for you.

If you are a reviewer, I have already chosen which reviewers will be receiving copies of Vanishing Goblin's products. Thanks for the interest, but I obviously cannot send out free copies to every reviewer out there.

Thanks in advance for your patience and understanding.

Andrew Luther
Vanishing Goblin Inc.

Ruavel

First Post
Thanx for the update Andrew...

I received your email at the start of the long weekend and have now replied to it twice (the latter not 10 minutes ago with the all-important attachment)...

like Teneb, I hope things slow down a little for you some time in the near future and those peskie reviewers stop asking for so many freebies...

:D

Ru

astralpwka

www.khanspress.com
Hey Andrew,

Can you give us a word to confirm receiving the submissions? I had mine in on Thursday evening, but haven't heard from you. I'm just paranoid, as e-mail seems to be a fickle thing for everyone lately.

Garth

Remove ads