Variant Elemental Cosmology

Moonsword

First Post
Ash, perhaps. Ashes are those left where the flames have burnt away, and the region could be cold and desolate. Since most demons are immune to fire, and the devils are highly resistant, then Fire could be the battleground between the two. I also like the idea of putting thew Abyss in Ice, or even in Water, as a deep cavern, with a layer of ice sealing it from the waters above. Thus the name, as thhis fissure was torn long ago by some agency, for an unknown purpose.

Any of these could be option sidebars in the release, so that GMs have plenty of tricks to keep players guessing.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Moonsword: Yeah, I like the idea of mobile gates into the well-known planes because it keeps the players guessing. :) The more Chaotic planes, like the Abyss, could have portals which were significantly less stable (reliable in operation or location, or both) than those which accessed the Lawful planes.

Everyone: Look what Morningstar Maps did for us:

http://klimt.cns.nyu.edu/~fishman/DnD/CPlanes.jpg

Is that nifty or what?

-- Nifft

Telgian

First Post
Niffty!
(*ahem* sorry, couldn`t resist the opportunity for a bad pun.)

Scorpio: nice. :)
What software you using? (Just curious.)

Telgian.
(Who would be more verbose, but has to go.)

Moonsword

First Post
Very nice. I'll be using this, mostly to the pain of my players. I've been looking for something new to do to them. Rampagin elemental summons could be fun.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Play-Testing

Awesome! Please tell me how play-testing goes. If anything, I fear they're underpowered... but I'm very interested in hearing how your players find them.

-- Nifft

Remove ads