• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

VCC: Combat Tracker Software Version 0.30

Nebulorum

First Post
Virtual Combat Cards Version 0.30 is out! You can read more here http://www.exnebula.org/en/node/37.

You will find my "Virtual Combat Cards" and instructions on the link below:

Virtual Combat Card | Ex Nebula

The file can be found here (last Version 0.30):

http://www.exnebula.org/static/vcc/vcc-0.30.zip

I also attached screenshot on this post.

With VCC you will:

* Roll and sort initiative
* Keep track of HP, Temporary HP, Healing and death saving throws
* Keep combat sequence (including Ready and Delay)
* Write down conditions

Feel free to contribute with questions, suggestions, and options of the following link:

http://www.exnebula.org/vcc

All input is welcome.

Attachments

• vcc-scr.JPG
    vcc-scr.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:

Sporemine

First Post
Looks good but how do I create my own party? it may just be my vista but there is no way of creating my own party in the files given.

Overall good

-Sporemine

dexter35803

First Post
well from the looks of it u use the party.xml and edit it wit notepad to create ur party and the same goes 4 encounters so they r templates

Nebulorum

First Post
Looks good but how do I create my own party? it may just be my vista but there is no way of creating my own party in the files given.

Overall good

Your correct, I haven't done a way to create party yet. Might have to bump the priority on that feature (I alway forget that not every one is a programmer :p )

But...
well from the looks of it u use the party.xml and edit it wit notepad to create ur party and the same goes 4 encounters so they r templates

Exactly. You can edit these files with you favority editor (notepat, kate, or whatever). The name don't really matter. The content is important. I'll add some documentation on this soon. But in short:

For characters you need to specify name, hp, init and id (this can be a letter or it's initials)

For monters name, hp, init.
For minions, just init and name.

Id is optional, but if you give them ID, making them unique across files will make more then one set of monsters loadable. If the monster do not have IDs loading a new file will replace the previous one.

I'll work on a better way of constructing the party and encounter. But on the next release ...

Nebulorum

First Post
VCC in action

I played my first real session using VCC. And I was pleased with the overall result. I'd sure like to get some feedback from other people.

It ran really well, but I have found some issues that I'd like to share, all of which I'm working to correct:

Bug 1) VCC will use up a lot of memory, due to a bug in one of it's libraries. I have already fixed that one, but I'd recommend closing it after a couple of battles and opening again.

Bug 2) Depending on you encounters, some creatures from previous battles will appear in the initiative page. They will not take part of the actual combat. So simply ignore them.

Bug 3) If you are hiding dead combatants and some one delays or ready just before a dead combatant, the initiative tracker seem to be stuck. The first combatant can't start it's round. This is because internally the first combatant is the dead one. If you show dead combatant, you see him there. Simply start and end the round for the dead dude, and everything will be back to normal.

I'll fix all these issues ASAP. None of them is a fatal flaw. The other item I'm working on is a simple encounter/party editor. After that, what a really want is undo...

Nebulorum

First Post
VCC Version 0.11 out

I fixed all the bugs I posted previously (plus some others).

Version 0.11 version works like the older version, just doesn't have the bugs.

My main goal for next version is a simple way to edit encounters. My plan is to have an additional option to edit them as a table, save them to the disk, or load them straight to VCC combat table.

Changed the initial post to point to the new version. Updated the site too.

Last edited:

Nebulorum

First Post
Version 0.30 is out!

A new release of Virtual Combat Cards is out (get it here). As its major feature it now allows you to undo and redo any operation you have done. Clicked the wrong button, just undo that. This improvement will allow more complex tracking features to be implemented in future releases. Besides this it includes some bug fixes and implements resting and end of combat cleanup.

DanmarLOK

First Post
Definitely interested in this. As just something to mull over the UCS is eventually going to have monster data for all the monsters at some point, if your app was able to parse that file you could populate a db in your own app where the dm could simply drag and drop creatures from a list into the system and preclude editing the xml file for that kind of thing.

Remove ads