• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Vecna vs Kas - adventure ideas requested

Sandain

Explorer
Hello,

I DM an almost Epic game setin Greyhawks past. The PC's are about to come into conflict with Vecna as a powerful mortal mage (right before kas cut off his hand and eye).

I plan to have the PC's come to aid the defence of the Elven Ahlysa nation (which is now the Bright desert or sunk beneath the sea).

I want the PC's to influence the battle with vecna and thus allowing him to be weakend enough that Kas could defeat him.

I would really appreciate some ides for Elven NPC's, Vecna's guards, and some story that makes perfect sense to the players.

The outcome should be Vecna dead, Kas escaping or dying, The bright desert being created, and the Elven nation of Ahlyssa destroyed by Vecna's epic spell.

The PC's will of course ruin this plan, and I will adapt as needed and make sure I dont railroad them into the ended i'd prefer.

Wycen

Explorer
I'm guessing Vecna at this point is a lich? "Mortal" could still be "not a god". I would expect Vecna to have other undead servants. Guards like skeletal knights, especially with levels eldritch knights or spellswords. Anything with magical and martial talent. Probably fewer clerics or necromancers who might usurp control of any undead he might be using.

At this point the Sword of Kas is the only artifact, but you could introduce your own, used by the party probably. Something that weakens arcane defense. You know, actually, why was his hand (and eye) cut off to begin with? Maybe Vecna had a powerful wand or rod he was using to devastate the forces of Kas and thus Kas severed the hand holding the magic item.

If you are into Vecna's background with "the serpent" maybe some serpentine servitors would also be appropriate. A marilith, naga, or similar creature could be the general who came into favor after Kas' treachery.

ericlboyd

Explorer
There was a graphic novel a year or so ago that featured Vecna when he was alive. I don't recall the name or publisher, but I'm sure someone on this list might. Anyhow, that might have ideas.

--eric

Remove ads