• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Vehicle construction update, and my DSL IS BACK!

BlackJaw

First Post
I have a 46 page document of vehicle components. I wrote them a while ago, but I've gone back through them, listing by listing, cleaning them up, changing terms and concepts, and adding a cleaner system of "masterwork & component advancment" rules instead of the clunky doubling system I had before.

They are all missing tech rattings (Tech x) and only 3 have prices set (seige weapons from the DMG) but they are otherwise ready. many have information on advancing the component (kinda like adding HD to a creature... you can get bigger components by spending more COmponent-slots/HD on them) and Masterwork components.

I just have to get togeather a write up of the vehilce construction meathod. I only got 5 pages deep into that right now. it will probably need three times that before Barsoomcore cuts it down to a cleaner document.

In the process I invented 2 new thigns for vehicle stats.

Crew: how many people does it take to run the vehicle. If it takes 20 people scurying about the sails, then you better have 20 people (that's a big vehicle by the way). For every person missing, the pilot gets a -1 penalty to her piloting checks. this score is only for basic systems like power and engines. If you don't need some one on the catapult to fly an airship, then not having one there won't affect your piloting skill (although it will mess with your abilty to fight).

Power: engines, guns, and other things all need power. Unlike most things a vehilce, power can be messed with in flight. If you powerplant only produces 12 units of power, and you use 8 on engines and lifesupport, you only have 4 left to transfer between difrent weapons and secondary systems. Something for the engineer to mess with. There are also power types: Electric, magic, psionic, clockwork, and Fuel. fuel is a little odd, but basicaly only generators and engines use it.

A third semi-stat is the "Operators" info. A weapon or secondary system has an operator number representing how many people are need to get it working. Catapults tend to need small teams (but then they don't use any power) while most modern weapons only need extra people on it if its BIG. Operators are spicfic to vehicle weapons, not to a vehicle itself.

anyway. I need to finish up the chapter intro before I really post anyting. I just thought that...

NOW THAT MY DSL IS BACK!

I'd let you all know what I had done.

Last edited:

Remove ads