• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Vehicle construction

BlackJaw

First Post
I'm working on a "standard" concept for vehilces. by comparison, most characters are medium sized, move at a speed of 30' (5 spaces per move-action), etc.

well in air combat the "standard" vehicle is "Vessel Tiny" which is the size of fighter crafts. Standard speed is 240' (that's 8 spaces and keep in mind vehicles do not move twice as far on double actions) and has average manuveriblity. You can move faster or with more manuvering if you either spend more (much more for both) or sacrifice one for the other.

Basicaly I've set that as the standard and built my charts for speed and manuvering etc off that "standard." I use charts because writing out a doubling meathod takes more space and is more complicated. Basicaly if you double the speed or manuvering points, you upgrade one manuvering rank or by 30' per round. Similary if you increase a vehicle's size by one step, your downgrade its speed by 30' and its manuvering by one step.

IE: 8 manuvering points in a tiny vehicle is average manuvering. But if had only 8 manuvering points in a small vehicle your manuvering rating is poor. if you doulbe the points to 16, you have good manuveirng in tiny vehicles and average in small. Doubling.

The same goes for speed. A tiny vehicle with 8 speed is 240'. a small vehicle is 210'. If you have 16 speed points in a tiny vehicle it goes 270' but in a small vehilce it goes 210. Doubling.

NOW I can rework all the componets I have so that they are all balneced with each other. I can do that tomarrow and monday. by this time next week i will have a stage one vehicle construction guide.

Remove ads