ZEITGEIST Vekeshi Excoriant prestige class

Andrew Moreton

Adventurer
That looks fine. You want to fit in Improved two weapon fighting sometime around when your BAB reaches +6

Urban barbarian gains you 6 rounds of rage, which will last for 1 or 2 of your expected 4-5 fights a day possibly less at high levels as sometimes fights will be longer during this time you gain +4 dex which is +2 to hit and eventually +2 damage, however doing so will delay getting to unchained rogue 3 and Gunslinger 5 where you get Dex to damage, you will also reduce your final sneak attack total by 1 dice and losing a skill unlock.

I you do take a level take it after level 8 so you do not slow dex to dmg but I think the extra skill pts and faster access to rogue special abilities is more worthwhile.

Con 12 /14 is not that big a difference it amounts to 1 difference on your fortitude save and 1 less hp a level, good odds you will go your entire career without noticing that, you can take your 15 rogue Favoured class bonus as hp and that makes up for most of the lost hp

Trying a chain:

1) Unchained Rogue: TWF (human bonus talent)
Quick draw
1) pistolero: point blank shot
2) Unchained rogue: rogue talent: weapon training (pistol)
3) Unchained Rogue: Rapid shot
2) pistolero
4)rogue talent: dirty trick: combart expertise
3) pistolero: two weapon feiting
5) unchained rogue: snap shot
4) pistolero: bonus talent: precise shot
6) unchained rogue: rogue talent: double slice
5) pistolero: sword and pistol
7) unchained rogue: combat reflex
8) Unchained rogue: rogue talent: surprise attack

is this right?

What about the stat? I suppose I need some wis so 11 18 (16+2) 12 10 15 10 can be the right choice with 20 pt? Than boost 1 time wis and 4 times dex. Some better idea? The 12 CON makes me scared. 😅

ps is not worth anyyway get just 1lv in urban barbarian for the rage?

I edited it with the feats I missed, the one problem is that for two weapon feinting I need 13-Int and I don t think I can get it...

Last edited:

Andrew Moreton

Adventurer
The annoying Combat expertise tax, there are ways around it but they are almost certainly banned.
The standard one used by almost everyoneis the dirty fighting feat created specifically to allow flexible and interesting character builds. So banned by your gm.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/dirty-fighting-combat/

I think there are other ways around it but I guarantee all of them are banned as they are useful, interesting and published in the last 5 years.

You can manage without feinting (flamking with your barbarian or druid ally, or summoned monsters) or can take it at higher levels when you can afford a Headband with +4 Int and qualify for the feat that way

Trying a chain:

1) Unchained Rogue: TWF (human bonus talent)
Quick draw
1) pistolero: point blank shot
2) Unchained rogue: rogue talent: weapon training (pistol)
3) Unchained Rogue: Rapid shot
2) pistolero
4)rogue talent: combat trick: combat reflex
3) pistolero: snap shop
5) unchained rogue: precise shot
4) pistolero: bonus feat: sword and pistol
6) unchained rogue: rogue talent: combat trick: opening volley
5) pistolero: deadly aim
7) unchained rogue: clustered shot
8) Unchained rogue: rogue talent: double slice
9) Unchained Rogue: improved Two weapon fighting
10) UR: Rogue talent: Offensive defense
11) UR: Two weapon rend

This is OK? Should I continue with vital strike and that chain? Or improved crit?

Last edited:

Andrew Moreton

Adventurer
Vital strike is useless to you. It only applies when making a standard action single attack and then only doubles the weapon damage dice which for you is d4 or d6 so pretty much useless

Take Improved/Greater TWF, Look at Two weapon rend if it is available it is worth considering.
Improved critical may be nice for your gun, gun crits hurt *4 with dex to damage and deadly aim starts to become a big number fast) , not worth it for your melee as you can get Keen weapons and only doubles your base damage not your sneak attack

If a lot of your opponents are getting concealment and messing up your sneak attack take Shadow strike, if your companions are stunning or Cowering a lot of enemies take dastardly finish.

Improved snap shot is another good choice to extend your attack of opportunity with your guns

I edited it a bit. I was also thinking to get the scout archetype, so at 8 lv I can sneak attack also with pistol, than the way to hit would be: ranged till when I hit (from 8 lv with sneak attack), than knife with the +4 to hit (opening volley) in malee and sneak attack in the next turn.

How can I make enter open volley before? I think I should have it kinda early, lv 11 it s too far, Bcs I suppose with - 2 - 2 I need something for boost my hit dice isn't it? I tried to put inside canny tumble but seem like I dont have space, so open volley looks an option for get bonus but hitting first with a ranged weapon instead than use acrobatics.

Last edited:

Uhm... Or maybe better don't put opening volley and put improved two weapon fighting before? Or still I can put open volley before combat reflex and let combat reflex enter later...

Last edited:

Andrew Moreton

Adventurer
Opening Volley is not a particularly good feat, the +4 to hit is nice but it requires that you be in position to shoot and then close to melee in the next round, so it is useful in less than half of all combat rounds , you will often prefer to spend multiple turns shooting or be spending multiple turns in melee so it is hard to use. One of my players took it in a different campaign and found she almost never used it as the situation to use it became complex.

Improved two weapon fighting is probably more useful as it gives an extra attack on a full attack. You have a better attack bonus than most rogues by a small amount due to gunslinger levels and you should be trying to make attacks against flat footed or flanked opponents which helps your to hit chance and your guns target touch ac which is often quite low depending on the opponent.

Remove ads