• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Vengeance in Mornonas

silentspace

First Post
DarkMaster said:
Oculus walks through the bookcase as stealthy as he can. The pair seems so concentrated on what they are doing that they probably wouldn't notice an elephant entering the place. Oculus is able to position himself behind the pair. They seem to discuss about various interpretations of the book in front of them. Three rocks are placed on the table in front of them, they look at them then refer to the book and debate oraly. They both seems passionate about their research.

Oculus continues to listen about the different interpretations. He also studies the book and the rocks.

DarkMaster

First Post
Oculus would have to get closer, while quite passionate about what they are doing they are whispering [OOC people usually don't talk loud in a library]. From his position he cannot easily identify the books but the rocks are the same as the one pictures in the book he is planning to study.

silentspace

First Post
DarkMaster said:
Oculus would have to get closer, while quite passionate about what they are doing they are whispering [OOC people usually don't talk loud in a library]. From his position he cannot easily identify the books but the rocks are the same as the one pictures in the book he is planning to study.

If Oculus thinks he can get close enough to hear without being discovered, he will pull his hood closer about his face and attempt to do so.

If not, he will move a bit away and then return openly, as if he was just arriving in the library.

"Hi professor! How are you? What have you got there?" Oculus will act as if he's never seen the councilor before. Oculus hopes the councilor did not notice him, or remember him well, as he only saw him once, in a crowded town meeting where there were lots of things going on.

Kangaxx

First Post
Jasper Conrad

DarkMaster said:
Oculus walks through the bookcase as stealthy as he can. The pair seems so concentrated on what they are doing that they probably wouldn't notice an elephant entering the place. Oculus is able to position himself behind the pair. They seem to discuss about various interpretations of the book in front of them. Three rocks are placed on the table in front of them, they look at them then refer to the book and debate oraly. They both seems passionate about their research.

Jasper uncle while quite affected by the death of his relative, seems reconforted by Japser attitude, he always wanted him to follow his footstep. Jasper aunt went up upstairs to ashamed to cry in front of the children and the soldier. Joe walks to a large piece of furniture and grap a bottle of strong Axyrian gin. He pours himself a glass and offers Jasper and the soldier one. The two soldier politely refuse the offer stating that they are on duty.

When Jasper ask about the baron and the unit they suddenly pay more attention to the discussion, probably hopping to learn more about their mission. Joe finishes his small glass and poor a second one before answering Jasper. He drink a second glass and put the glass on the stone cubbard. "Jasper, I can't help you with that. I was at the baron's court when I overheard about those soldiers. I then offered your services. In a sense it's a good thing that you participated, if you want I can get you an audience with the baron? He is a busy man but he how me a couple, so we might be able to meet tomorrow afternoon during his daily hour with the commoners. What do you think? On that he pours himself another glass.

The two soldiers seems dissapointed by Joe answer, obviously seriously affected by the news. Jasper we should not wait tomorrow, we need to tell the baron as quickly as possible. The quicker we act the more villages we can save

How did I get in charge of all this? I've never led anything bigger than a study group before. But the group from Prumen is sort of following my directions too. Maybe Joe was right, maybe there is adventuring in my blood. Jasper shudders at the thought. "I think tomorrow will have to do. We don't have any way to gain an audience sooner, and he won't want to listen to us if we just barge in. And if we're lucky tonight, tomorrow we will have a lot more to tell. When and where should we meet tomorrow?"

After making arrangements with his uncle, Jasper will head to the university find his professor that studied the earth goddess. "Jraq, Trolm, you won't be allowed to enter the university. You could, uh," Jasper stops himself in midsentence before telling them they could wait near the entrance or at the restaurant. They're soldiers. I've already seen that they don't want options, they want orders. "Wait for me outside the university. This shouldn't take very long."

DarkMaster

First Post
Kangaxx said:
"I think tomorrow will have to do. We don't have any way to gain an audience sooner, and he won't want to listen to us if we just barge in. And if we're lucky tonight, tomorrow we will have a lot more to tell. When and where should we meet tomorrow?"

The two soldiers are obviously not happy with your order but they don't insists. Uncle Joe now drinking his fourth glass smiles at your "authority". You can easily notice pride in his face. The old man finally made you a man.
Kangaxx said:
After making arrangements with his uncle, Jasper will head to the university find his professor that studied the earth goddess. "Jraq, Trolm, you won't be allowed to enter the university. You could, uh," Jasper stops himself in midsentence before telling them they could wait near the entrance or at the restaurant. They're soldiers. I've already seen that they don't want options, they want orders. "Wait for me outside the university. This shouldn't take very long."

Jasper heads towards the university.

Oculus, tries as much as he can to hear what they are saying but he can't so he goes with a the more radical option.

Hearing Oculus announcing himself the old professor and the councellor raise their heads. The old women smiles at Oculus. She whispers to him Oculus what a nice surprise she then turns toward the councellor You know Uder this is one of my best student Oculus The councellor quickly glances at you Hello, young man, pleasure to meet you he then quickly returns to his readings. The old professor stand up and take Oculus by the shoulder We are currently studying rocks that Uder brought back from an archeological trip in the north, it seems they could reveals important part of our history. Those rocks were found in a tomb near a small village.... I am getting old I can't remember the name. If you want to help us understand them you are welcomed. She gives a warmly smiles to Oculus and return to the table sitting near the coucellor. The Councellor didn't really looked at Oculus and don't seems to have recognised him.

silentspace

First Post
DarkMaster said:
Oculus, tries as much as he can to hear what they are saying but he can't so he goes with a the more radical option.

Hearing Oculus announcing himself the old professor and the councellor raise their heads. The old women smiles at Oculus. She whispers to him Oculus what a nice surprise she then turns toward the councellor You know Uder this is one of my best student Oculus The councellor quickly glances at you Hello, young man, pleasure to meet you he then quickly returns to his readings. The old professor stand up and take Oculus by the shoulder We are currently studying rocks that Uder brought back from an archeological trip in the north, it seems they could reveals important part of our history. Those rocks were found in a tomb near a small village.... I am getting old I can't remember the name. If you want to help us understand them you are welcomed. She gives a warmly smiles to Oculus and return to the table sitting near the coucellor. The Councellor didn't really looked at Oculus and don't seems to have recognised him.

Oculus greets the councilor in return, then joins them. "I'd love to help you, especially if this will help illuminate our history. What kind of rocks are they and where were they found? What have you discovered so far about them?"

Ferrix

Explorer
Manzanita said:
"I will head to Viral street directly. I will stay there, attempting to find concealment and watch out for our quarry. Karn and Gnarl, can you find us good shelter? Then wait for us where we can meet you. Can either of you suggest a good spot? Jasper, perhaps after speaking to your uncle, you could head for the Temple as well. Oculon, Tellic, Dai, what are your preferences?"

Dai, feeling relatively uncomfortable in the city, shrugs his shoulders and taps his staff against the ground. "I stay, 'da city ain't my place." He'll prefer to stay out of the way for now, not having anything else to go on outside of being where he is.

Ferrix

Explorer
DarkMaster said:
OOC Can we assume that Dai will try to find shelter with Karn and Gnarll?

OOC that works, too, although I was thinking he was going to stay with Solomon he might be better off going with Karn and Gnarll.

Kangaxx

First Post
Jasper Conrad

When he gets to the university, Jasper will look whereever he thinks he might find his professor that studied the earth goddess.

Remove ads