• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Very little kids take D&D VERY seriously

Rabbitbait

Grog-nerd
Resurrecting a dead thread. Just an update on the follow up game. We've had a very busy few weeks so haven't had a chance to play again, but today it was just me and the boys for a few hours so they asked if we could play. We hadn't had a chance to roll up a new character for the 7 year old, so instead I told them that just this once I would break the rules and press rewind.

We rewound to where the 7 year old had his moment of temptation:

The nothic whispers in his mind: "Yes, yeeeesss, I can give you all the power you ever dreamed of. But there is a price that must be paid. You must kill your brother or sister."

Mr 7: "NO. I would NEVER do such a thing"

Nothic: "Very well, then I will kill them and you with them"

That's more like it. They took down the Nothic really easily thank to a couple of critical hits, then through the rest of the complex they wander, slaughtering as they go. Mr 7 got taken down by a bugbear, but Mr 5 carefully considered and then gave his only healing potion to save him. It was a big moment."

They have now cleared the Redbrand Ruffians complex but the wizard has escaped. They have also taken on a goblin servant who has warned them that there is another place of evil - a deserted castle in the forest. So they have decided to travel there and defeat the evil doers.

Interestingly, after two hours gaming the 7 year old was starting to fidget and become distracted, but the 5 year old was still completely focused and immersed in the game. Also - they prefer physical miniatures and badly drawn maps to fancy digital maps with digital tokens.

At bedtime tonight the boys gave each other big cuddles.

Mr 7: "Thank you for saving me today. I love you"
Mr 5: "I will always give you a healing potion. And if I don't have one I will cast a healing spell"

Kinda the wrong way round for good healing tactics, but the sentiment was lovely.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads