• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Verys Arkon's Character Booklet (v2) New 1 page version beta.

Turtlejay

First Post
My friend e-mailed me this sheet. Perhaps some of that going on explains the lack of downloads. This is hands down my favorite sheet to use. My only suggestions are:

- Create a stripped down version (pages 1 and 8 with some combination of 3 and 7 on the inside) for those of us who *do* still use power cards. For some classes the power tracker is fine, but others can't fit all the power description in the field.
- Give us a place to put Utility powers.

Some cool stuff that other sheets could take from yours:
- Places to fill in conditional bonuses to . . .everything.
- Organizing skills by their ability.
- Well constructed workspace. This always catches things I miss.

Even if you don't *think* it is being used a lot, it is. And those of us who use it will appreciate even the little things you do.

Jay

WhatGravitas

Explorer
Even if you don't *think* it is being used a lot, it is. And those of us who use it will appreciate even the little things you do.

Jay
Pretty much the same here. I don't have much use for the power pages, but the rest is great. Especially as there is a DIN A4 version! ;)

And oh, there's a small typo - on page three under components, the key skill for alchemical reagents is spelled "Arana", needs a "c"!

Cheers, LT.

darjr

I crit!
I love this sheet as well.

I singled it out to show the WotC developers as well.

I've printed several copies for others, I'll see about getting a link posted to our yahoo group.

Verys Arkon

First Post
Since there seems to be a resurgence in interest I'll do some work on the sheets this week, and try and implement these suggestions. I'll give a 'for power cards' version a shot.

Thanks for the feedback, it is nice to know it is being used!

Verys.

J. R. Scherer

First Post
Is there a way to make the personality aspects editable on our side? So that we could simply delete the personality aspects that do not apply to our character, or simply write in our own stuff if we choose?

darjr

I crit!
I'm going to take a look at populating your sheet from the WotC char gen xml save files. Would that be OK?

I'm not shure how I would distribute it, nor yet just how I'd do it. If it was just me I'd leave it as a c++ linux program...

Can a PDF be programmed to read and parse a datafile?

Verys Arkon

First Post
One Page version

Here is a stripped down 1 page (double sided) version of the booklet, for use with power cards. I've taken out the power reference sheet, a lot of the fluffy sections (personality, history), and focused on crunchy bits.

It is in PDF letter without form-fill or autocalculate until I get some feedback on layout first (its a pain to alter after!)

I'd like to hear what people think, especially from those that wanted a power-card friendly version.

In the meantime, I'll make some tweaks to the old 2 page booklet and update them later this week.

Cheers,
Verys.

Attachments

• Verys Arkon's 1 Page Booklet v1.pdf
    332 KB · Views: 287
Last edited:

Verys Arkon

First Post
I'm going to take a look at populating your sheet from the WotC char gen xml save files. Would that be OK?

I'm not shure how I would distribute it, nor yet just how I'd do it. If it was just me I'd leave it as a c++ linux program...

Can a PDF be programmed to read and parse a datafile?

Please feel free to try and get the two to talk. I'd love to use the Character Builder with my sheets :) All I ask is you leave the 'Verys Arkon' logo on it.

I have no idea how you do this, it is beyond my ability. If you need the original files let me know.

J. R. Scherer

First Post
Here is a stripped down 1 page (double sided) version of the booklet, for use with power cards. I've taken out the power reference sheet, a lot of the fluffy sections (personality, history), and focused on crunchy bits.

It is in PDF letter without form-fill or autocalculate until I get some feedback on layout first (its a pain to alter after!)

I'd like to hear what people think, especially from those that wanted a power-card friendly version.

In the meantime, I'll make some tweaks to the old 2 page booklet and update them later this week.

Cheers,
Verys.

This is sweet! I anxiously await the fillable version!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads