• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Vexing Nomenclature - Vexing Flanker in Martial Power and PHB2

NMcCoy

Explorer
In Martial Power, there's a Rogue Utility 6 called Vexing Flanker.
In PHB2, there's a feat called Vexing Flanker.

Futhermore, the Vexing Flanker feat is identical to Martial Power's "Group Flanking" feat, only without different wording and without the rogue and half-elf prerequisites.

Does anyone else get the impression that the teams for these two books should have compared notes more closely? A power and a feat with the same name is just plain sloppy.

the Jester

Legend
Yeah, this is now a couple different instances of having the same name for a feat as for a power or what have you.

Especially when they're integrating everything into databases, they really ought to be able to avoid this issue.

IMHO, YMMV, etc.

Scribble

First Post
It doesn't really "bother me" so much since it doesn't really seem to have much effect on game play.

If say, Vexing Flanker ended up being better then Group flanker it would bug me, but that's not the case.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
It doesn't really "bother me" so much since it doesn't really seem to have much effect on game play.

If say, Vexing Flanker ended up being better then Group flanker it would bug me, but that's not the case.

It is however clearly a glitch. The two feats are identical, but one has prerequisites and the other does not making the first one entirely superfluous.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads