[Videogame] Return to Moria

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero

Finally, an RPG that dispenses with all that non-dwarf filler: Return to Moria!

Apparently coming later this year. Although I'm sure it's going to get completely steamrolled by Diablo IV, which also features a lot of poking around in dark dungeons until some horrible hellspawn wrecks you and your friends, this seems like a good game to pick up later in the year, maybe for co-op play over a vacation.

Last edited:

MarkB

Legend
Augh, I just got a flashback to Moria in Lord of the Rings Online. I spent far too long in that place making far too little forward progress.

Why do Dwarves always sound Scottish? Just once i'd like to hear an authentic dwarf!

The graphics have me a bit "Ooooh..." and "Meh..."
Some of those scense look crazy good. Others not so much.

Mad_Jack

Legend
Actually, that sounds more eastern European or Russian to me...

Agreed on the positive/negative stuff - I'll need to see more gameplay shots before I'm interested. but I can definitely dig the Minecraft-on-steroids vibe...

pukunui

Legend
Why do Dwarves always sound Scottish? Just once i'd like to hear an authentic dwarf!
That's not a Scottish accent. Sounds like it's trying to be Slavic, as @Mad_Jack says.

If you want to hear authentic dwarven accents, you should play the Dragon Age series. The dwarves all sound like midwestern American bikers/truckers, just like they should! ;)

The graphics have me a bit "Ooooh..." and "Meh..."
Some of those scense look crazy good. Others not so much.
Yeah, I'm not all that impressed. Again, the Dragon Age series does it better when it comes to dwarves. ;)

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I stand by my choice to have Appalachian dwarves in my campaign.

Hard-drinking mountain folk who hold grudges for generations? It's a marriage made in Harlan.

Actually, that sounds more eastern European or Russian to me...

That's not a Scottish accent. Sounds like it's trying to be Slavic, as @Mad_Jack says.
Slavic, Eastern European, Russian... they're all wrong. Dwarves should sound like they've all developed black lung
If you want to hear authentic dwarven accents, you should play the Dragon Age series. The dwarves all sound like midwestern American bikers/truckers, just like they should! ;)
Does Dragon Age give them black lung?

Regarding the graphics, I'm not a fan of the Mincraft-on-steroids vibe. Those are the graphics I'm like, meh...
Are they making this a Minecraft-like game?

Remove ads