• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Videogame thesis ideas: desperately needing your help!

Khitan

Explorer
Hi everybody!

First of all I want to apologize for my english: it's not my first language^^

And know on to the topic: I'm a C.G. Animation student and this year I have to present my thesis to graduate. Qith my group we decided to create a videogame and we have 2 days to present our idea. Our professor told us to do a market survey to understand which of our ideas would be liked most and so I decided to ask you because I know that in this site there are a lot of people who play in a smart way^^
The survey is quite short and doesn't require long answers so it shouldn't take you more then ten minutes. If you decide to help me you would be REALLY kind and you would do me a HUGE favor! I don't have much time (2 days) and every reply I'll get will be golden for me.

And now I'll stop wasting your time xD
Here's the survey: once again, for whomever will answer, thank you really much!!

1) Age:
2) How long have you played videogames?
3) Do you play only AAA games or do you enjoy also Indie games and stuff like that?
4) Are you more of an hardcore gamer or a casual player?
5) Talking about videogames with the same quality which type of setting would you buy most? Fantasy, post-apocaliptic, urban fantasy, modern/contemporary or sci-fi?
6) Being able to choose between two games with the same quality, which of these two games would you rather buy?

- In a world where the humans reign over the fantastic races, forcing them to live in blocks where the criminals rule with ease, a small goblin, mistreated and despised by everyone, must get the respect and the recognition that he always wanted. In the arc of one night, between pirate dwarves, talking puppets and out of shape dragons, he must overcome a series of trials to emerge and obtain a place in society. This game talk about serious stuff with a sprinkle of irony and comedy, where clumsiness and incompetence become strengths. It's an explorative game that combines puzzles and exciting scenes in a modern city, where the technology is fueled by magic and in just one night your destiny can change for good.
Will you be able to succeed or will you die truing?

- In the earth of the future there's no more food, the population was decimated by wars and famine and, most of all, doesn't need to sleep anymore. Humanity hasn't dreamt for 130 years. But you are not like the others: you sleep, you dream and it's better if nobody knows it… if they could only imagine what you can do when you close your eyes! While you're searching for answer you stumble upon a small town where the few survivors are subjected to the rules of a tyrannic men, the only one who can provide nourishment, who, knowing his power, uses it to do whatever he likes, without any morals o limit. People also say that he's able to sleep… Set in a desert world filled with ruins, this games combine exploration, action and puzzle in a dream world where the usual rules don't apply. Where fighting for your own survivals means that you won't always be able to protect the weak.
Can a simple girl defeat the tyrant and discover more about her own ability?

WayneLigon

Adventurer
1. 52
2. About 14 years
3. I have enjoyed both kinds of titles
4. Casual
5. Fantasy (I'm not really aware of any Urban Fantasy games out there except for Secret World)
6. Given the writeups, I would go for the second one because that sounds like an interesting game with a unique premise. Then I would probably put it back after reading the last sentence, because I don't like games where I cannot determine my own look/gender/race/clothing, etc. #1 sounds interesting, but I hate puzzle games.

Jhaelen

First Post
1) Age:
3) Do you play only AAA games or do you enjoy also Indie games and stuff like that?
5) Talking about videogames with the same quality which type of setting would you buy most? Fantasy, post-apocaliptic, urban fantasy, modern/contemporary or sci-fi?
6) Being able to choose between two games with the same quality, which of these two games would you rather buy?
1) 42
2) 34 years - at least!
3) both
4) used to be hardcore, now casual
5) i prefer sci-fi or fantasy settings, however I've grown bored of vanilla settings
6) the second sounds more intriguing to me. For story-driven game-play I actually prefer playing a particular character, rather than being able to create my own character.

Hi everybody!

First of all I want to apologize for my english: it's not my first language^^

And know on to the topic: I'm a C.G. Animation student and this year I have to present my thesis to graduate. Qith my group we decided to create a videogame and we have 2 days to present our idea. Our professor told us to do a market survey to understand which of our ideas would be liked most and so I decided to ask you because I know that in this site there are a lot of people who play in a smart way^^
The survey is quite short and doesn't require long answers so it shouldn't take you more then ten minutes. If you decide to help me you would be REALLY kind and you would do me a HUGE favor! I don't have much time (2 days) and every reply I'll get will be golden for me.

And now I'll stop wasting your time xD
Here's the survey: once again, for whomever will answer, thank you really much!!

1) Age:

- In a world where the humans reign over the fantastic races, forcing them to live in blocks where the criminals rule with ease, a small goblin, mistreated and despised by everyone, must get the respect and the recognition that he always wanted. In the arc of one night, between pirate dwarves, talking puppets and out of shape dragons, he must overcome a series of trials to emerge and obtain a place in society. This game talk about serious stuff with a sprinkle of irony and comedy, where clumsiness and incompetence become strengths. It's an explorative game that combines puzzles and exciting scenes in a modern city, where the technology is fueled by magic and in just one night your destiny can change for good.
Will you be able to succeed or will you die truing?

- In the earth of the future there's no more food, the population was decimated by wars and famine and, most of all, doesn't need to sleep anymore. Humanity hasn't dreamt for 130 years. But you are not like the others: you sleep, you dream and it's better if nobody knows it… if they could only imagine what you can do when you close your eyes! While you're searching for answer you stumble upon a small town where the few survivors are subjected to the rules of a tyrannic men, the only one who can provide nourishment, who, knowing his power, uses it to do whatever he likes, without any morals o limit. People also say that he's able to sleep… Set in a desert world filled with ruins, this games combine exploration, action and puzzle in a dream world where the usual rules don't apply. Where fighting for your own survivals means that you won't always be able to protect the weak.
Can a simple girl defeat the tyrant and discover more about her own ability?

3. Both. More indie for the last couple of years.
4. Currently casual. Ex-hardcore.
5. Sci-fi
6. To be frank, neither. These sound like pitches for a novel or comic, not a game. Tell me something about the mechanics, the interface, the play style. The original Zelda and Mario had almost no depth of plot but were great. Games like Lair had in depth stories but sucked at being games.

#2 sounds like a better story.

Last edited:

Remove ads