• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Vigilance Press] Stranded on a Distant Star

Qwillion

First Post
As for how it will work compared to what you're used to, since you've done a lot of books this way and this is my first, probably not as well

Stop you will give me delusions of adequacy. Seriously if you have any questions ...

Don't bother me, ask Wolfgang :) (Really serious, Anytime you need anything I am here)

Ben

Heroes of the Jade Oath still does the exclusive adventure for jade oath if your a patron vs. if your a customer.

And I am tempted to do one again as exclusive as I serve all kinds :)

Vigilance

Explorer
Scavenging

One of the challenges I'm going to face with Stranded is how to make scavenging meaningful in game.

This is a game where two very different cultures are both trying to repair a very complicated piece of machinery (a starship) and also keep their weapons in good repair.

They're also going to need to "scavenge" natural things like food and medicine.

Of course, no game should be totally ABOUT these things, but I like the idea that your "treasure" might be a stand of plants providing medicine your group desperately needs, or something to fix that broken rifle you've been packing around since the crash.

Something I like about this is that I might be able to use "away team" skills you don't normally see in a game. Being a botanist, who comes to understand the local flora and how it can be used to help the survivors, might actually be an interesting character to play.

I have some ideas for how this will work mechanically, at least ones that are percolating.

To learn more about Stranded on a Distant Star or become involved, go here.

monster_slayer

First Post
This sounds very interesting. I may have to scrounge up some cash and get in on this. I really like the whole premise behind it and am a big fan of the influences on it. I will definately be following it.

Vigilance

Explorer
I've created a placeholder cover.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Stranded Placeholder thumb.jpg
    Stranded Placeholder thumb.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 287

Remove ads