• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Vigwyn's The Transmuter's Last Touch [IC]

Rhun

First Post
The elven rogue shakes his head dubiously at his dwarven friend. "Unless it has to be used immediately or you explode," he says, still kneeling by one of the dead kobolds.

Ivellious

First Post
"And then we'd have a different problem on our hands." Aust says as he approaches the dwarf and check for any sign of damage from his recent discovery

Rathan

First Post
Laz helped Zazz gather what he could and looks up to Aust as he speaks.... Another problem? Care to enlighten..... oh.. Norbrit.. right what else is new? the wizard exclaims as he laughs softly.... I think it best until I have time to study just exactly how that spot works, you all best stay out of it. Speaking of which I would like to study it, do we have time? the mage added as he stood and put those things he collected away and moved near the spot to study it's magic

[sblock=checks, ooc]If you need me to make any checks to study the remaining magical aura and how it might work Vigwyn.... then let me know :D[/sblock]

Ivellious

First Post
I say we should stay here and study it. See if there is anything we can do to prevent them from using that damn fire breathe at us, at the very least to see if there is a way of telling other than letting the bastards stand in the spot and breath at us." Aust says as he pats Norbrit's back, satisfied that there isn't any lasting damage

Rhun

First Post
"I concur," says Zazz, frowning. "Not only did those lizard bastards blister my skin, but they ruined one of my favorite doublets."

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
As Norbrit coughs, flames burst forth from his mouth in a huge cascade, scorching the masonry walls.

The party members spend some time experimenting and consulting with Lazarius.

Standing on the spot causes one to feel a fire burning within his throat, which he may release as a great gout of fire. The power lasts about 30 seconds, and does no lasting harm to the subject or his equipment. Merely moving through the spot imbues the power, and the power lasts for about 30 seconds even if you move from the spot.

Lazarius recognizes this clearly as a transmutation effect.

After figuring out the fire effect, the party searches the room. On one of the kobolds they find a small cube of hematite, which Norbrit appraises as being worth about 10 gold pieces. In the barricade, Zazz finds an endtable with a hidden compartment. Inside are two potions, which Lazarius identifies as an elixir of love and a potion of enlarge person. Additionally, there is a small chest that the kobolds apparently threw on the pile because they were unable to pick the lock. Of course, Zazz makes quick work of it, and inside are 74 gold pieces.

[sblock=OOC]Treat as breath weapon, 15' cone of fire, can be used once per round, Dmg 1d4 (Ref save DC 13 half). Last 5 rounds.

Only one person per round can gain the benefit of the augmentation, but since it lasts 5 rounds, multiple people can have the augmentation at any given time.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Zazz tosses the potion of enlarge person to Norbit. "There you go, dwarf! The answer to your 'little person' complex!" says the elf with a smile. He gathers the rest of the loot and secures it into a canvas sack and tucks it into his pack.

That done, he glances around at his companions. "I'd normally advise caution at this point and urge us to get some rest. But this position does not feel too defensible. Perhaps I could scout down these two corridors and determine what is ahead?"

industrygothica

Adventurer
Rhun said:
Zazz tosses the potion of enlarge person to Norbit. "There you go, dwarf! The answer to your 'little person' complex!" says the elf with a smile. He gathers the rest of the loot and secures it into a canvas sack and tucks it into his pack.

That done, he glances around at his companions. "I'd normally advise caution at this point and urge us to get some rest. But this position does not feel too defensible. Perhaps I could scout down these two corridors and determine what is ahead?"

"Bah! Yer a funny elf, at that," Norbrit yells as he stows the potion into his pack.

"Ye can scout ahead if ye want, but yer not goin' at it alone."

[sblock=ooc]Sorry for the delay. My internet connection has been shaky, but it appears to be behaving at the moment. Keep your fingers crossed![/sblock]

Ivellious

First Post
"I agree with him not going alone, but I don't think you'd be best suit for it Norbrit. I might not be much better at sneaking than you, but I also understand when to silent, and patience." Aust says as he walks over to Zazz, and says, "Pick a way, and I'll follow."

Rathan

First Post
Laz studies the transmutation magic almost to it's every little detail.... it fascinated him in such a way that he just waves off those going to scout..... Resting sounds fine to me if you see anything don't engage it without the rest of us. Remember yelling doesn't work well in this place he reminded them as he went back to studying the magics about the area with awe and let the rest do their thing....

Remove ads