• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Vigwyn's The Transmuter's Last Touch [IC]

Rhun

First Post
Zazz nods at Aust, tossing his everburning torch to the cleric. "Hold this to illuminate my way, but follow about forty feet behind. That will let me stay in the shadows, and my elfsight should allow me to see far enough to see what lies ahead."

With those words spoken, the elf begins walking slowly down the southmost corridor, keeping in the shadows as he goes.

[sblock=Relevant Skills]
Move Silently +10
Hide +10
Spot +4
Listen +4
[/sblock]

Ivellious

First Post
Aust nods, and follows his companion at about 40ft, as per his instructions

[sblock=skills]
Hide -5
Move silently -5
Spot +4
Search +2
Listen +4[/sblock]

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Laz stays behind to spend more time studying the magical spot as the rest of the party helps Zazz scout on ahead.

Moving as quietly as he can, Zazz sidles along the northern wall of the southern tunnel. Reaching the corner, he peaks around. There is a small room at the end of the tunnel containing another bas relief of Soleth. But this carving is much more sinister than the first statue of Soleth you ran across earlier. The warning it communicates seems to be much more forceful. This time, his broadsword points up, and his other hand points an accusing finger at you. The flesh has disappeared from his face, and the skull is carved into a chilling rictus.

Another hallway trails away to the north. Zazz can just make out that it opens into another room some 60 feet or so from his current position. What might be in that room, however, is shrouded in darkness.

Attachments

• Second Shrine 1.jpg
    Second Shrine 1.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 69
  • Soleth statue.JPG
    Soleth statue.JPG
    835.9 KB · Views: 72

Rhun

First Post
Zazz moves back to his companions, tells them what he has seen, and then sneaks down the northerly passage to see what options lie in that direction.

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Zazz finds the northern corridor to start with a short segment, make a left, then bend back on itself. The floor and walls here are begining to get a bit damp, and a musty smell fills the air.

With his back to the wall, Zazz leans over just enough to peak around the corner. He finds that he is looking down a long hallway, about 70 feet. The right hand wall is broken by two larger halls opening deeper into the northern underground. Fire light flickers against their walls.

Edit: I screwed up the placement of the PCs on the map. It should be Lazarius that has stayed behind in the barricade room to study the magical location. Aust and Norbrit have followed Zazz into the corridor--while keeping their distance--with Aust closest to Zazz and carrying the torch. So, keep the spots the same, just switch the letters around.

Attachments

• Hallway.jpg
    Hallway.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Confident in his abilities to be stealthy, especially here with the way this place muffled sounds, the Avaxasir glides forward, stopping to peek around the first corner.

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Zazz moves like a ghost through the darkened corridor. Stopping again at the corner, he barely peaks his head around, just enough to peer with one eye.

The wide hall contains several shodowy niches. In each one stands upright an empty stone sarcophogas, bereft of its lid. A burning torch dots the wall between each niche.

About midway up, a 7-foot long dire weasel plays with a bone it has "found". It viciously spits and growls, and gnaws on the thing, looking ready to explode into action at any moment. Its heavy musk fills the air.

Farther up the hall an "outdoorsy" looking kobold in leather armor cleans under his fingernails with a small stick it has whittled for the purpose. Every so often, it throws a scrap of meat to the dire weasel, which devours it voraciously.

[sblock=OOC]Zazz: Move silently 17 + 10 = 27.
Hide 14 + 10 = 24.

Fikk (kobold ranger): Listen 10 + 2 - 5 = 7. Fails.
Spot 12 + 2 = 14. Fails.

Dire weasel: Listen 18 + 3 - 5 = 16. Fails.
Spot 12 + 5 = 17. Fails.[/sblock]

Attachments

• Den 1.jpg
    Den 1.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Zazz withdraws slowly, silently making his way back to his companions. He whispers to them what he has seen, indecisive about how to proceed.

Ivellious

First Post
"I don't know how we should proceed on this, other than use extreme caution Aust says as he looks to the drwaven companion emphasizing extreme caution

Remove ads