• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Vigwyn's The Transmuter's Last Touch [IC]

industrygothica

Adventurer
Rathan said:
Laz chimes in with his two cents and some change to spare..And what is a stout dwarf doing with a ranged weapon? Don't see that too often at all either you know the wizard says with a charming smile....

"Ha!" Norbrit laughs. "How 'bout you be standin' at the end o' that corridor, and I'll show ye why I carry me bow?" Norbrit offers his yellow-toothed smile toward the mage. "Make more sense'n dat orc-sticker you been carryin'."

Ivellious

First Post
"10 to 1 says he misses." Aust says jokingly as he places his hand on the dwarf's shoulder. "Just kidding Norbrit. I have completely faith in your abilities." He adds with a smile

industrygothica

Adventurer
Ivellious said:
"10 to 1 says he misses." Aust says jokingly as he places his hand on the dwarf's shoulder. "Just kidding Norbrit. I have completely faith in your abilities." He adds with a smile

"I'll be shootin' th' wizard later. Zazz needs to be takin' this kobold though--I need me axe hand ready."

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
The party devises a strategic plan to take on the kobold ranger and its dire weasel. Zazz and Norbrit sneak up to the edge of the larger corridor and take their places. Zazz accepts the fine dwarven shortbow that Norbrit offers.

Zazz peaks back around the corner, where the kobold has finished cleaning his nails and is busily picking away at one ear. Every so often, it pulls one reptilian hand back from the ear to examine the dirty wax.

Zazz knocks an arrow and slowly and silently pulls back the string. Taking careful aim, he gently releases his grip. The arrow springs forth with a thwip and buries itself in the kobold's thigh, right through the leather armor.

The kobold gives a surprised little yip! But before it can figure out what happened, let alone respond, Zazz quickly runs across the mouth of the hallway and takes up a hiding spot around the far corner.

At the same time, Norbrit steps out into the mouth of the hallway, making as much noise as his well-armored, stout dwarven body can manage. He jumps up and down and waves his arm, his long beard flopping about in a comical way. He shouts and hoots and makes as much of a commotion as he can. The weasel looks up from his bone and growls at the intruder. With this, Norbrit quickly ducks back around the corner...

[sblock=OOC]Zazz: Atk 17 + 5 = 22. Hits, Dmg 1 (!) hp. Fikk reduced to 5 hp.

Initiative:

Aust 19 + 1 = 20
Zazz 13 + 4 = 17
Norbrit 15 + 1 = 16
Weasel 9 + 4 = 13
Fikk 5 + 2 = 7
Lazarius 3 + 6 = 9

So, I need to hear from Aust, Zazz, and Norbrit next, please.[/sblock]

Attachments

• Fikk.jpg
    Fikk.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 71

industrygothica

Adventurer
Norbrit ducks behind the corner and readies his axe, waiting for the weasel to approach.

[sblock=ooc]Ready weapon, hold initiative until after the weasel acts.[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
[sblock=Note for Vigwyn]
I think Fikk was within 30', so you should have applied 1d6 sneak attack damage as well! :) This next attack is definitely within 30', so it will be a sneak attack too, as he is still flat-footed. If the kobold is dropped from the first sneak attack, then he will change target to the weasel!
[/sblock]

Zazz curses under his breath that he failed to bring down the kobold, and launches another arrow from his new position. He would just have to take the risk of the weasel tearing into him in order to bring down the little reptillian humanoid.

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
The kobold ranger looks around madly, trying to see where the arrow in its thigh came from, but all it can see is the movement of a dark shadow at the end of the hall. As it scrambles to draw its bow and prepare to fight back, another arrow strikes out of the darkness, dropping the kobold's limp body to the cold stone floor.

The much larger weasel, having now lost all interest in its bone, rushes wildly down the corridor to chase after the dwarf with a mad squee-squeee! When it gets there, though, it is met by the dwarf's cruel axe, opening a two-foot gash in its side. As the weasel's blood sprays out onto the floor, it flings itself crazily at the dwarf. The claws flail and scratch, and the long yellow teeth find purchase at the neck opening of the dwarf's armor. The weasel latches on tight, whipping its head back and forth as copious amounts of Norbrit's blood begin to pour from his body and down the front of his chest.

[sblock=OOC]Rhun: I checked the 30' thing last action, but it was actually 35' from your position to Fikk at that point. At least the way I measured it--please let me know if you think I was wrong. (You were where Norbrit is now.)

Aust: Delays.
Zazz: Atk 15 + 5 = 20. Hits, Dmg 4 + 5 = 9 hp. Fikk reduced to -4 hp and is dying.
Norbrit: Readies attack.
Weasel: Moves 20', triggering Norbrit's attack.
Norbrit: Atk 10 + 7 = 17. Hits, Dmg 7 + 3 = 10 hp. Weasel reduced to 3 hp.
Weasel: Atk 18 + 6 = 24. Hits, Dmg 5 + 3 = 8 hp. Norbrit reduced to 6 hp. Weasel is now Attached and shares a space with Norbrit (see description of Dire Weasel's Attach and Blood Drain abilities in the MM or on d20srd.org).
Fikk: Fails to stabilize (44%). Loses 1 hp. Fikk now at -5 hp and is dying.

Initiative order:
Aust (please post soon or I will have to NPC you until we hear from you again)
Lazarius
Zazz
Norbrit
Weasel
Fikk[/sblock]

Attachments

• Fikk 2.jpg
    Fikk 2.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 78

Rhun

First Post
Zazz steps toward his companion, bow in his off hand as he draws his rapier in his right and thrusts it at the body of the squealing beast tearing at Norbit. "Hold still dwarf, and I'll get that nasty thing!"

[sblock=For Vigwyn]
No problem on the sneak attack thing...I was calculating from the wrong square. :)

MA: Move 10' + draw rapier
SA: Attack +6 (1d6+1/18-20); I believe sneak attack damage (1d6) applies to grappling/attached critters, also.

[/sblock]

Rathan

First Post
Laz once poking his head from around the wall is at a loss of what to do really.. with the kobald down and the weasel attached to poor Norbrit.... he has nothing to do but draw his dagger and moves as far as he could to try and pry the little bugger off of his friend dwarf.... "Hang on Nor!.. I'mma coming!" he yelps as he moves to be hero once more....

[sblock=actions] I forget the how much distance the squares actually cover but Laz's actions are to draw his dagger and move as far as he can this round.. if he can reach Norbrit.. he'll attempt to pry the beastie off him.. and by pry I mean attack the little critter with extreme prejudice! heh[/sblock]

industrygothica

Adventurer
"Bah!" Norbrit screams. "Ye bloodsuckin' beastie! Get offa me!" Norbrit drops his axe and wraps his muscled hands around the thing's throat.

[sblock=ooc]Going for the grapple and pin if it make's it through Zazz's sneak attack.[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads