• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Vile] Puppy-Kicking PCs at Work, part 2

Cepter

First Post
Sunjedilar al Hazir, Human/Male Fighter

Then again, sometimes the decision is made and not made at the same time.

Sunedilar curses silently as the guards begin towards the bodies. He knows better than to trust his rather limited stealth abilities to see him through the door, but at least he is away from the search area. He stays low and hidden, trying not to move as he waits for them to leave to get help, or to take away one of the bodies. He considers unwrapping his chain, but he decides against it, clutching Hex's short sword instead. If he has to kill them, better to do it with Hex's weapon and leave the guards to assume that Hex murdered them.

(Hiding and waiting. Sunedilar will attack if one of the guards seems to be moving to his position, otherwise he will stay hidden until they leave.

Telsar

First Post
Current, Inside Boone’s Antiques

As Sunedilar waits quietly, hiding behind the back counter near the locked door, the guards continue to talk amongst themselves. “Look at this mess, there’s blood everywhere and three dead bodies. You think they killed each other?” The other guard says “No, I think this dwarf killed the other two… he’s not dead yet. Probably save everyone some heartache if we just let him bleed out.”

“Damn, we can’t. This is one of those guys Modrin’s looking for, for questioning. Remember? Dwarf with bloody souvenirs all over his person. If we get this guy in alive, Modrin better remember us when he’s promoted to captain.” The other one says “The way he acts, you’d think he already was captain.” Sunedilar really can’t see what’s going on, trying to stay out of sight, but by the sounds, the two guards bandage the dwarf’s wounds.

[OOC Just stopping there in case Sunedilar would want to do something while they might be distracted. But I’m not encouraging it or anything… if you just keep waiting, let me know.]

Current (later than the Boone fight), near Max’s Martial Training School

Alicia swings her sword wildly, and the guard just manages to spur his horse to the side to avoid the blow. His mace comes down, hitting Alicia’s hand hard enough to hurt, while two crossbow quarrels scratch her leg.

[Alicia rolled 5+8+2=AC 15, just missed. All three hit Alicia, and did 2, 1, and 2 damage, total 5, almost minimum damage. Lucky half-ogre. :)

I intended last time to tell Alicia what the potions were when she looked at them, but forgot. Hopefully it wouldn’t have affected your actions. The 4 potions are clearly labeled (although not necessarily clearly understood by Alicia) as Lesser Restorative, Heroism, Moderate Wound Curative, and Enragement]

[Characters by initiative, damage:
Alicia, HPs: 16/26
2 City Guard, unhurt
1 City Guard, hurt
Burly man with longsword, dying
Man with crossbow, unhurt
Man with gleaming longsword, very hurt
Girdra, unhurt]

[Brother Shatterstone, Isida: I think the post you mean we’re waiting on Lydia’s reaction to is #250 , not #254]

Serpenteye

First Post
Telsar said:

Alicia swings her sword wildly, and the guard just manages to spur his horse to the side to avoid the blow. His mace comes down, hitting Alicia’s hand hard enough to hurt, while two crossbow quarrels scratch her leg.

Alicia looks around nervously, feeling each needle-sting bringing her closer to defeat. Realising that she would be out-ran by the horsemen if she tried to get away she stubbornly continues fighting. [same old ;)]

Telsar

First Post

Stubborn Alicia gets upset at all the petty distractions, raises her sword and brings it down hard, the sword passing right through both the guard and his mount, both collapsing to the ground, very dead.

[Alicia’s attack rolled 6+8+2=AC 16, just hit, damage rolled 8+13+3=24. Guard fails fortitude check and is dead. Attacking the horse rolled 16+8+2=AC 26, hit, damage rolled 13+13+3=29. Horse fails fortitude check and is dead, too.]

Seeing the damage done in one mighty blow from the half-ogre, the guard on his feet yells to his mounted friend, “Go get reinforcements! A lot of them! Hell, all of them!” The man on foot backs away from Alicia and fires his crossbow at her at long range, missing. The mounted guard spurs his horse into a hard run back where they came from, taking one final shot at the half-ogre, but missing as well.

[By the new map, no one’s in range for a charge, at least not in 1 round.]

Serpenteye

First Post
[This round and the next, unless something really unexpected happens]

Alicia, covered in gallons of blood and gore, laughs insanely, spits at the dead guard and runs off after the cart. She climbs on and tries to rip out the compartment where the potions were stored, checking to see if there were any more wealth to loot.

[Can Alicia see Mr Money-bag (the disabled man who fled at the beginning of the fight)?]

Last edited:

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Flashback...

Aligor looks up from his table, seeing a group of about 3 walk into the bar. He recognizes one of them, but can't really place his finger on it. He stares down into his mug, empty yet again. Perhaps that is why he can't remember. The sudden red gaze surrounding everything doesn't seem to hinder his drinking. he is useed to the color red... The 3 men start a ruckus, and his head is pounding. He wants them to stop. And stop quickly. With a fling of his mug, he hits the back of one of their heads. He laughs out heartily, while the mug drops to the floor. "KEEP YER MOUT SHUT, YA DAMN RUNTS! I'M TRYIN TA DRINK HERE!" He motions for another mug from the barmaid, who simply shakes her head in disbelif. Reluctantly, she goes to get another drink, but upon returning, the 3 men stop her, and grab his drink. They approach the dwarf, sitting there waiting for his drink, and snicker. "Here's your drink you drunken goat!" and they proceed to douse him with the contents. Angered by their stupidity, and not really knowing much of what his actions are, Aligor reaches down, grabs his waraxe in a swift motion, and brings it at the 3 men, to threaten them to leave. Their faces are then stone, still with horror. He only laughs, saying, "Git the hell outta here!" 2 of them run away quickly, and he wonders why the third is not running. With a shrill scream from the barmaid, he realizes that the third can not run, as Aligor's waraxe is embedded deeply into his chest. With a cough of blood, the youth's life exits his body, covering Aligor with a spray of blood. He simply sits, watching, kicking the man and telling him to git up. Then he sits back down and begins to drink again.

Current: Bleed, profusely....

Flashback, Ambush

T’aria struggles not to laugh in his face as the drunken man actually does what she said. Inside, she is laughing nearly uncontrollably. By Masque’s dagger, this is the most fun I’ve had in a while. I suppose that I better take care of him though, before he sobers up. Pity, I haven’t laughed like that in a while.

“Yes, my disciple, you did that perfectly.” She smiles and walks toward him, stopping a short distance away. [OOC: Adjacent 5’ square.]
“Now… the question I asked that scum,” she gestures at the downed man, “he didn’t answer.” She frowns at the bleeding man, then looks at her new ‘disciple’ and smiles. “But I am sure that you will be much more helpful. I am looking for an inn.” She describes the inn Shadow mentioned, and the directions to it. “If you can help me, you will be greatly rewarded.”

Telsar

First Post
Flashback, T’aria’s Ambush

In the dead end alley, the half-demon’s convert seems to have his gaze fixated on his now bloody dagger. As T’aria’s words sink in his muddled mind, he says “I know where Quentin’s Cubbyhole is… they ran me away from there last month.” Looking at his ‘friend’ bleeding for just a moment, he then says “I can take ya there, mistress. Jusht follow me.” The man leads her through the night down some twisting streets, and eventually brings her to a ramshackle, but large, two-story building on a dark street, with a lantern burning on the porch. This place doesn’t look very impressive, but perhaps that’s the point.

The man looks at T’aria, his eyes a little less bloodshot. “Ya said I’d be rewarded… but I know that’s probably a lie. Why wouldja bother? But I just hope I been useful enough that you’ll spare me, ma’am. I could be useful again someday. Dad used to say ‘Ivan, always mind yer betters’, and since you is a demon, yer definitely that.” The man stands there, still holding his dagger but in a downward angle, the blood on it dried, clearly awaiting his fate.

Current, Inside Boone’s Antiques

After a few minutes, Sunedilar hears a guard say “There, that should keep him alive. Hey, why do you think this urgrosh of his is glowing like this?” The other says “No idea, probably magic. Hmmmm… you know, Modrin didn’t even mention a glowing weapon. Bet he doesn’t know about it. We can sell it, get paid a little bonus… that is, if you can keep your mouth shut.” The other heartily agrees, and shortly thereafter, they drag an unconscious Aligor out through the front door, which they shut behind them. They leave the corpses of Leeza and Hex, presumably planning to deal with them later.

On the way to a public stable

Accalon and Lydia travel a bit farther down the road towards their destination, and then they hear more hooves. Again hiding, they soon see three mounted guardsman run down the perpendicular street they saw the other three horses on. The guards are clearly in a hurry, not even looking their direction, perhaps chasing the first three horses. Accalon and Lydia will have to cross that street in order to reach the stables, but given the guardsmen’s speed and preoccupation, they may not have any problems, unless the guards turn back for some reason.

[Still waiting on Lydia for info on where her horse would be. And for an idea on what Accalon and Lydia want to do.]

Alicia looks around, but doesn’t see the man she first hurt, the man with the money… he’s apparently long gone. While Alicia jumps on the cart, the horses pulling it come to a stop from the sudden extra weight, and the man with the crossbow, still at long range, takes a shot at Alicia. Even though the cart is providing cover, he manages to get a lucky shot and his quarrel scratches the half-ogre’s neck, causing a decent sized wound.

[The guard managed to roll high and hit, doing 7 points of damage. That was just one round… you said ‘barring the unexpected’, and him managing to shoot you probably wasn’t expected. He’s still just a little too far away for you to charge him. Are you still breaking open the cart, or doing something else?]

[Characters by initiative, damage:
Alicia, HPs: 9/26
1 City Guard, unhurt
(everyone else fled or dead)]

Remove ads