• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

VILLAINS - Marvel Minions

GrayPumpkin

First Post
Hmm..What does that come out to? 80 feet? I would say Batroc could soundly best the world record (what almost 29') but is still in that ballpark, at least in my opinion.
Maybe but there is such a thing as being too accurate which, when comes to comics and gaming in general, is often a mistake. I need to be able to get around the city and it’s no fun to be left behind while everyone flies, teleports etc, off. Besides, it basically means he could, taking a full round action, jump from the goal line to a bit passed the 25 yard line, I seen him drawn making leaps that are easily in that ballpark. Despite the occasional attempts by the respective companies to stat out comicbook characters they usally do what the writer wants them to do.

My other comments might be to up his strength. Batroc soundly bested his men in arm wrestling and I think he was listed in my 1st MU Handbook as lifting 500 lbs.
That’s another one of those gray areas but in any case with extra effort he can currently lift 700 lbs, 350 otherwise. Still it’s a good point and something to think about.

Last edited:

quill

First Post
here's my first shot at Eel II

EEL II
PL: 9
Electrical thug

Name: Edward Lavell
Size: Medium
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 192 lbs
Hair: brown
Eyes: brown

Base of Ops: mobile

<B>STAT BLOCK</B>
"EEL II, PL: 9, Electrical thug, Name: Edward Lavell, Male, Size: Medium; INIT: +7, DEF 19/15; SPEED 30; MELEE +9, RANGED +10, MENTAL +8, SV: DMG +2, FORT +2, REF +5, WILL +2; STR 12, DEX 16, CON 14, INT 14, WIS 14, CHA 14.

SKILLS: Bluff +4, Electronics +6, Diplomacy +4, Escape Artist +7, Gather Info +4, Intimidate +4, Streetwise +4, Move Silent +2, Search +2, Sense Motive +4, Spot +2, Taunt +2.

FEATS: Attack Finesse (use dex mod. for melee attacks), Connected (knows people who can help), Dodge (+1 def, or +2 def to one opponent), Imp. Initiative (+4 to initiative), Lightning Reflexes (+2 ref saves), Slippery Eel (1/2 time to make escape artist check), Tainted Network (deny connected feat to another), Point Blank Shot (+1 to hit/dmg ranged attacks in 30 ft), Attack Focus ( +1 attack energy blast), Surprise Strike ( +1 dmg/2 pls if target flat), Toughness (+2 to damage saves).

POWERS: ELECTRICITY CONTROL (COSTUME) [+9], Extra: Energy blast [+9], Stunt: Dual Damage, Extra: Combat sense (electric field) [+5], Extra: Light control (glow in dark) [+2], Stunt: Immunity (electricity), Flaw: Device, Super Skill: Escape Artist (grease) [+3], flaw: Device (part of costume).

COST: abilities 24, combat 28, skills 21, feats 22, powers 40, weakness 0, total 135.
"

Kevin Perrine

First Post
the CASTING CALL finals

I'm finishing my organizational stuff for the game.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the final team.

I need each of you to email me your Excel Character sheets, and your second choice if you want. Email me even if you don't have the Excel... I'd like to get your email addresses in case I need to send anything privately.
Currently I have: Batroc, Porcupine, Eel II. (although they may need updated)

If you don't have or don't use Excel I can help with that as I mentioned.

then go paste your final stat block and all other stuff about your villain in the NEW rogue's gallery for the game.

VILLAINOUS...................................
In-Game Story | Out of Character | Rogue's Gallery
------------------------------------------------

BATROC the LEAPER
(as played by GreyPumpkin)

PORCUPINE
(as played by Quill)

BLACKLASH
(as played by Nuke261)

ODDBALL

MONTANA & the Enforcers

MADCAP
(as played by Hand of Vecna)

SPIDERWOMAN IV
(as played by BrotherShatterstone)

BULLET
(as played by Hero for Hire)

-kev-
kperrine@aii.edu

after final looks we'll be ready to play.

Insight

Adventurer
I really love the idea for this game, but I don't think I'm going to be able to post regularly enough to warrant a spot. Thanks anyway, and good luck with the game!

Nuke261

Rogue Warrior
I am back from a great trip to Gen Con and have sent Kevin my stats for Blacklash. Hopefully he will think they are wonderful and I will be all set to play!!!

Can't Wait!

Nuke

hero4hire

Explorer
BULLET, PL: 9, Humongous Hitman, Name: Unknown, Male, Size: Medium; INIT: +4, DEF 15/15; SPEED 50; MELEE +13, RANGED +8, MENTAL +11, SV: DMG +11, FORT +9, REF 0, WILL +3; STR 20, DEX 10, CON 20, INT 12, WIS 16, CHA 16.

SKILLS: (Ranks Only) Bluff +5, Diplomacy +5, Gather Info +5, Hide +5, Intimidate +5, Knowledge (Black Ops) +5, Listen +5, Profession (Federal Agent) +5, Sense Motive +5, Spot +5.

FEATS: Connected (knows people who can help), Chokehold (when grappling, can suffocate), Imp. Grapple (can grapple one-handed), Imp. Initiative (+4 to initiative), Power Attack ((- attack), (+ dmg bonus), 5 max), Surprise Strike ( +1 dmg/2 pls if target flat), Toughness (+2 to damage saves).

POWERS: SUPER-CON [+4], Extra: Growth (Flaw: Permanent) [+2], Extra: Running [+4], Power Stunt: Immunity Poison, STRIKE (FLAW: ONLY FOR CHARGE ATTACK) [+4].

WEAK: Quirk (will do anything to protect son).

COST: abilities 34, combat 34, skills 25, feats 14, powers 38, weakness -10, total 135.

Last edited:

hero4hire

Explorer
More info on Bullet is at
http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/b/bullet.htm

Also this is some additional info
History :
Bullet has been working for years for some marginally legal government agency involved with the militaro-industrial complex and the Maffia. At one point, this agency was manipulated by the Kingpin to get some eco-activists off the back of one of his proxies, and Bullet ended up fighting Daredevil. He did so a second time after a misunderstanding involving his son, and a third when Typhoid Mary kidnapped his son and ordered him to beat Daredevil up. Shortly after, he entered the private sector and became a merc. He was logically involved with the Kingpin and sent on en errand during which he was defeated by Daredevil.
His sole non-Daredevil appearance, AFAIK, was after that mission, when he was part of the attempted mass escape at the Vault.

Description :
Bullet is extremely massive, being 6'11" and listed at 390lbs, though he looks more like 490. He's built a bit like the Kingpin or Doctor Faustus. He has receding shoulder-length brown-red hair, and a moustache. He wears a blue-black jump suit, with just a thin white line going vertically from his left shoulder to his left sole. The jump suit incorporates heavy leather gloves, and an removable black mask that covers the lower two-third of his head, with just two holes for his eyes.

Personality:
Bullet has been well-described in the Player's Handbook to the MU as "a lonely, alienated man who makes his living by beating and killing others. He is a fairly casual killer, but he is also a devoted father". He's the product of a depressive, urban, criminal, corrupt environment. He spends his time in stakeouts, petty sanctioning, leg-breaking and strange missions ; but what he likes to do best is hang out in a seedy NYC bar where he can drink beer, play pool and occasionally beat someone up out of boredom.
Bullet's son, Lance, is an elementary school survivalist and has a phobia about nuclear war, which he thinks will happen any minute now. His father does not understand him at all ; they live in separate apartments.
In combat Bullet is very direct ; his most common attack is a powerful Charge maneuver. Four hundred pounds of abnormally powerful muscles will easily take down interior walls and many brick walls. Yet he has demonstrated a sneaky side, and has used ambush techniques to great effectiveness. He is not above "playing 'possum" to get the drop on someone, and has done so in the past.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Kev, hey I hate to be the bringer of bad news but I'm going to withdraw from this game also... I've over extended again and I would rather drop from the games that affect the less number of people IC. We haven't started yet so this seems like a good choice. :(

Again, I'm sorry.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads