• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Villains Needed

takyris

First Post
So I'm creating a d20 Modern Pulp-ish game. Essentially, the great cliches of good old-fashioned comic book heroes, done in a moderately skewed style. I'm planning this campaign as a one-or-two-shot to give my D&D players a taste of d20 Modern.

The Game:

HERO-Force!

HERO stands for "Honor, Equality, Respect, and Order." At some point in each episode, the Captain calls out, "HERO-Force: Roll Call!" and then four of the other PCs call out their respective word.

The Heroes (all level 12):

Dirk Lancer, dashing captain and leader of HERO-Force. (Dirk is currently a Charismatic10/Soldier2 with the Inspiration Talents maxed out)

Virginia Dare, scarlet-tressed British martial artist with a heart of gold and a mysterious past. (Fast1/Strong3/MA8)

Rex Archer, hardbitten wisecracking sharpshooter and second-story man. (Haven't made him yet, but thinking of Fast Hero with levels in Gunslinger and Infiltrator)

Tank McGinty, loveable lug with a heart as big as his beer belly. Tank can take a punch to the gut or blow up a bridge with equal aplomb. (Tough... something. Dunno. Maybe just Tough/Strong)

Preacher Johnson, the conscience and field medic of the team. When things get hot under pressure, Preacher is there to keep things cool. (Dedicated and Medic, basically)

And last but not least...

Timmy Lancer, Boy Genius, Dirk's nephew. The irrepressible lad can rewire a nuclear ray gun in five minutes or less, but his impetuous nature often results in him being found tied to an anchor over a pirhana tank. (Smart, Techie or Field Scientist)

I've got five players, and I'll play one of the characters as an NPC. Somehow, I have this sneaking suspicion that I'm going to end up with Timmy...

So anyway, that's HERO-Force. Now, I'm looking for villains for them to fight. I'm aiming for humorously politically incorrect. I've got a pretty relaxed group, and I'm aiming for stuff that sort of skews the horrible old stereotypes of the old comic book villains.

Currently, I've got:

Father Fitzpatrick, the Bombing Bishop (aka the Vicious Vicar, aka the Papal Pugilist, aka the Egregious Ecclesiast, aka the Deacon of Doom) -- baptises victims in acidic "holy water" or lowers them into a pirhana tank on "Fish Friday", fires rays of energy from his bishop's crook, and has a bishop's hat from which helicoptor blades can pop, allowing him to fly or chop people up. His sidekick, the Papal Bull, is a minotaur. (Note: I'm Catholic. I feel okay with making fun of it.)

Granola McHippie, the Mad Liberal -- right now, all I've got for this guy are some kind of tie-dye laser and the following line: "Aw, man, dude, you've totally wasted my guards. I guess you got me. It's all good, I surrender. Hey, but before I go peacefully with you, why don't you have some brownies?"

Oh, and one other line: "You fools! That was ORGANIC milk! Without chemical additives and hormones to make it safe for human consumption, it will course through your system like a lactic chloroform. And by the time you wake up, the marijuana in those brownies will have spread through your system! As government-sponsored ads have shown you, use of marijuana leads to uncontrollable violent rages -- when you wake up in my love shack prison, you'll die at the hands of your own kooked-out friends! A-hahahaha!"

The Feminazi. 'Nuff said.

Help?

-Tacky

MnM_UH

First Post
I made up a cool Commie villain called the Marxman. Get it? He's a sniper. I don't remember if I have his stats or anything, but if you're interested, I could try to find them.

Here are some Ordinaries that I've been using on my players. i don't like to use the ones in the book. I've used these as drug cartel guards to terroists. They work for it all. They throw alot of lead but general only take a shot or two and go down.

2 strong Human
HD 2d8+2 12 hp; Mas 10; Int +2; Sp 30;
Defense 14, touch 14 Flat 12
BaB +2, Grap +4, Attack Melee +4 (1d3 +2) +4 Knife (1d4d+2/19-20); Ranged +4 (any auto is good)
saves: fort +3; Ref +2; Will 0
Str 15(2) Dex 14(2) Con10(0) Int 12(1) Wis13(+1) Chr 8(-1)
Occupation Criminal- personal firearms; listen and hide

Feats
Personal firearms, Advanced firearms, Burst fire

Skills
listen5
hide5
spot2
drive2
intimidate1

Kae'Yoss

First Post
You'll really die with laughter

What about the Deathjester (not the guy from the forums here).

A little like the Joker from Batman.

He wears one of those jester suits with the most eye-watering colors and patterns only a true madman can wear (this gives him Frightful Presence, and he can hypnotize people with it). His face is made up all white, with a manic grin painted on.

His Wrong button hole will spray arrow, his fake flower VX or Sarin Nerve Gas.

The jester hood he wears has no bells at the ends, but sharp razors.

The rotating bow tie is razor sharp.

That shocker he has in the hand (for that "energetic hand shake") operates at around 10 times the pain threshold of your average human. (Be sure to describe how the victim's skelleton can be seen).

The jester's scepter is a miniature RPG.

Everyone who listens to his jokes for more than two minute breaks down, his ears bleeding.

The cards he has all depict the jester or death (or both at once) and are made from very sharp metal (they're for throwing, of course).

You can guess what the present boxes he gives out do.... (*Boom*)

And he can *really* saw up the virgin....

He can serve as the sidekick of another villain (and be kicked regularly, of course), to carry out tasks or just taunt the HEROes.

ErichDragon

First Post
Those villains are great. This idea reminds me of The Tick. Maybe you could draw some inspiration from that.

You definitely need a cliche Communist type guy.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
The King IS NOT DEAD!

What about an Elvis imitator? Just look 3000 Miles to graceland and you get the general picture.

Then there's the Gay Gaelic? Mix up that accent with the usual exaggerated singsong they use for gays in movies. He'll pelt you with cotton-wool swabs 'till you bleed (no big think, cause there's broken glass or metal shrapnels in there)... He'll wear a kilt (I don't think they're Gaelic but you asked about politically incorrect...) without underwear, of course, and lifting it will come as a shock for enemies (save or be shaken, maybe even nauseated). He'll poison enemies with minted, warm ale, fish'n'chips and haggis. He uses no petrol bombs, but whisky bombs.

Or the Battering Bavarian. Wearing Knickerbockers, using plastic bombs formed like pretzels, grabbing you and forcing you to eat much-to-greasy "Weisswürschd". And enemies cover in fear when he starts his Schuhplattler of Death! (surely lethal if you're covert with metal spikes....)

takyris

First Post
Yeah, the key is that they be mocked-up versions of no-longer-acceptible stereotypes. The Jester is a great villain, but he doesn't have any political baggage attached to him.

Elvis as a villain? Yes. Yes, I believe we can do that. Especially if I take the old whines about Rock & Roll being satanic and make it slightly more... true.

"Now, lemme tell ya, bo-ah, that there dark lord of evil ain't gonna put up with any o' your HERO jazz. You think you're a hero? You ain't nothin' but a hound dog." (turn to player and ask him to make a save versus polymorph)

Flirty McLush, the Gay Gaelic, would be excellent. (Note: I'm Irish-American, and I got married in a kilt. Well, actually, I got married in a church. The kilt was about my person at the time.) I'm trying to think of truly villainous things for Flirty to do, though. Work behind the scenes to adapt football uniforms to make them gradually tighter in the buttock region, introducing sinister homoerotic tendencies into what used to be a harmless American pastime? I'd do something about infiltrating the schools, but that's still such an ugly, hate-filled topic, that it might be too difficult to do comedically. This game is gonna work best if I'm using stereotypes that people can laugh at... Maybe Flirty is going to introduce Agent Pink, the horrific Gay-Inducing Serum, into America's water supply. "Ye fools, ye pretty little tight-buttocked fools! Within a year, ten percent of America will be shaking their shillelagh to a different tune!"

Dirk Lancer: Causing ten percent of good wholesome Americans to turn gay? That's inhuman!

Oh, and ErichDragon, I'm taking a page from the Simpsons and introducing the CommuNazis. I can't remember what the logo looked like, though -- I think it was a swastika with a hammer and sickle as two of the arms...

-Tacky

s/LaSH

First Post
Ah, but there's something even dirty rotten commies fear, a menace that will send them scurrying like big cockroaches (with guns and tanks)- the dread power of Consumo the Capitalist!

(Imagine Superman with a vertical line through the S. Now make him a nazi-style capitalist intent on menacing anyone who cares about something other than making themselves filthy rich. It's a horrible stereotype, but one that most Americans won't be familiar with - and he's quite evil by anyone's standards. Fortunately, although he's got powers on a par with Superman, he's bound to fall into a conveniently placed concrete mixer or be shot into space on a rocket or something, thus foiling his rampage.)

For other horrible menaces? You could try the stereotypical Asian crime lord in a Fu Manchu style (bald, pigtails, long long fingernails and mustache - the fingernails should say it all). Or how about The Reconquerer? A british cad who wants to conquer the good ol' U.S. of A. (note here: I'm a New Zealander and found it almost painful to write 'good ol'', but it's all in the name of cheese), and will do it with his red coat, horrible teeth, and really awful taste in pop music.

And for a truly depraved villain, there's the Comic Vendor - a hideous aberration of a human who sells children these 'books' with pictures that are sure to CORRUPT THEIR SOULS and promote homosexuality and other insane things. If you can find it(and you probably can't), "Seduction of the Innocent" by Frederick Wertham is the one on which this is based; written in the 50s, I think, and quite mad, but from what I've read this guy blamed everything on comicbooks - communism, people jumping off roofs, children turning gay because Robin wears little shorts. (?) Now find the guy who wants to do that to your children, and you have a HIDEOUS MENACE that is INSIDIOUS and STUFF. Use nerd stereotypes, antisocial psychosis, that sort of thing.

jonas889

First Post
Death jester

THe Death Jester reminds me of the Jestecutioner out at the Ren Fair I work at. Cross between an executioner and court jester.

As for a punish villian, how about the CaddyShaq. Seven and a half foot tall bald black guy that is weapon master golf clubs or sporting equipment.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
s/LaSH said:
It's a horrible stereotype, but one that most Americans won't be familiar with

No. Comment. At. All.

this guy blamed everything on comicbooks - communism, people jumping off roofs, children turning gay because Robin wears little shorts. (?)

Well they did drop the Dungeons and Dragons animated series cause some children killed themselves or something and they blamed D&D....

Last edited:

Remove ads