• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Virtual Tabletop help

Festivus

First Post
The one inside MapTool isn't nearly as fully featured as the standalone version... but it does let you roll init, order, cycle through, delay/ready... pretty much everything else is easily handled by MT anyway. It works well for our group!

It's good enough for what you need during gameplay, keeping track of who's turn it is. Everything else we track on the icons themselves, and in fact you can automate things like rolling initiative from a macro on the icon.

We used Fantasy Grounds for a long time but recently dropped it in favor of maptool about six months ago. Maptool seems like a better 4E fit, thanks to the degree of customization you can do. I have not been keeping up with Fantasy Grounds 2 to see where they are at with 4E support.

Vanuslux

Explorer
I was actually about to post asking which of the VTTs out there were the most user-friendly (regardless of whether they're free or not). I've used Maptools and it's okay, but if there's something easier to use out there I don't mind paying for it.

talwynor

First Post
If there's an interest, I've been considering running a "class" of sorts in playing 4e within Fantasy Grounds II. We run a LFR group on Yahoo using FGII and we've been looking for ways to bring new players and DM's in. There's very good 4E support with some user created mods and an excellent video tutorial - but maybe giving someone a guided tour would help make it more accessible.

If I can DM in the program....anyone can...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads