Voda Vosa up to the neck!

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
What's up with Canada? Everybody's from (or in) Canada! I wonder what percentage of ENWorld members are from or in Canada. It would be an interesting poll. No?

renau1g

First Post
Ummm, we're awesome? No, seriously. Look at how small we are compared to those south of us, like 10% of the size, and yet our hockey teams are always in the top couple in the world... oh...there's more to life than hockey? Like what?

A lot of PbP'ers do seem to be from here, perhaps it's the more spreadout nature of our country and so makes it harder for RL groups to get together...that and the sometimes brutal winters, especially out in prairies or the East coast. I'm spoiled where I live, the Great Lakes help mitigate some of the more extreme weather conditions that others here experience.

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
mittgate! ha!

well, being not in canuckistan, I cannot truly say for them, but for me, living a quarter mile from one-a them thar great lakes, it drops a lot of snow on us, especially in december/early January with lake effect snow, when every-day it snows on us, and it needs to be shoveled, but two or three miles inland you would not believe me if I told you it snowed a lot my my place.

aand using the wonder of google maps, I live 4,858 ft. ( about 1.5 km) from the lake, and lake effect goes for about 2-10 miles inland before it stops dead.

Orius

Legend
I don't anticipate this being a huge problem for my game. I expect the game will slow down to more RPing during this time anyway.

renau1g

First Post
mittgate! ha!

well, being not in canuckistan, I cannot truly say for them, but for me, living a quarter mile from one-a them thar great lakes, it drops a lot of snow on us, especially in december/early January with lake effect snow, when every-day it snows on us, and it needs to be shoveled, but two or three miles inland you would not believe me if I told you it snowed a lot my my place.

aand using the wonder of google maps, I live 4,858 ft. ( about 1.5 km) from the lake, and lake effect goes for about 2-10 miles inland before it stops dead.

Yeah, we're mild down here (I'm across from Detroit). London, ON gets a ton of lake effect snow.

renau1g

First Post
If you get a chance, go skating on the Rideau Canal, the world's largest skating rink. I've always wanted to go there.

Voda Vosa

First Post
I have 0 skill in that, but I'll be pleased even if I fall over my face and slide with my ass. Can we say ass here? Is this thing on?

Remove ads