Volo's Guide AL Rules - You can play them all!

Vulf

First Post
I was recently in a monster party and having our backgrounds and factions preselected did not hinder our enjoyment.

I also can appreciate the + 1 restriction as someone who used to build characters in 3rd and 4th using several dozen sourcebooks.

I do wish they would approve some of the unearthed arcanas as a +1 source.

A number of them are balanced well against existing options. Barbarian and Cleric options are very alluring.

Pauper

That guy, who does that thing.

Not going to happen unless Mearls pushes for it -- when the UA material actually shows up in a published book seems to be soon enough to allow it for AL's purpose.

--
Pauper

Vulf

First Post
Some do need work, I'd like for them to release a mini player's guide like the Elemental Evil Player's companion.

For the UA Ranger, replace level 1 advantage on initiative with + proficiency or half, and Beast Master could use a little bit of Physical damage absorption similar to the Heavy Armor feat.

gyor

Legend
I was recently in a monster party and having our backgrounds and factions preselected did not hinder our enjoyment.

I also can appreciate the + 1 restriction as someone who used to build characters in 3rd and 4th using several dozen sourcebooks.

A number of them are balanced well against existing options. Barbarian and Cleric options are very alluring.

You can't really compare 5th edition with these editions as 5e doesn't crank out player products like previous editions.

Remove ads