• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Votary PrC ideas?

robjh

First Post
I'm putting together a Votary-type PrC class for a particular deity, but I seem to be a bit low on ideas and I was hoping for some good suggestions I could snag for special abilities. These are priests who have taken sacred vows for a devout monk/nun lifestyle. They are typically non-adventurer types who de-emphasize combat in preference to religious devotion.

Here's the PrC class basics:

* Cleric-type prerequisites.
* d6 HD
* Good Will saves
* Same spell advancement as cleric
* Slightly better skill selection and more points than a cleric (more Knowledge skills, &c.)
* +1 BAB/2 levels (like a Wizard)

I'm not sure whether to also progress the turn undead ability, but it might make some sense.

For special abilities I'm thinking they would probably be spiritual in nature; cleansing evil influences; special divine benefits, or perhaps a sacred guardian... that sort of thing. Maybe comparable to a Paladin's abilities, except primarily for non-adventuring.

Any suggestions? :D

DarkKestral

First Post
Cloistered Cleric. It has d6 HD, all of your necessary skills, advances turning, Wizard BAB, gives you lore like a bard, and has a free bonus domain, but costs you your armor and shield proficiencies.

It's also OGL, and from UA, which means it's WoTC-made, for those who give a darn about that.

robjh

First Post
DarkKestral said:
Cloistered Cleric. It has d6 HD, all of your necessary skills, advances turning, Wizard BAB, gives you lore like a bard, and has a free bonus domain, but costs you your armor and shield proficiencies.

It's also OGL, and from UA, which means it's WoTC-made, for those who give a darn about that.

I hadn't realized that they SRD'd some of the UA stuff. Thanks for the head's up!

robjh

First Post
Unfortunately the UA stuff is mainly class variants, rather than PrCs. I think I really need to come up with some appropriate special abilities to make this work.

Remove ads