Vote For The Most Anticipated RPG of 2024!

As we do every year, it's time to vote for the most anticipated tabletop roleplaying game of the coming year!

Vote for your most anticipated RPG(s) of 2024 (up to 3 votes allowed)

• 13th Age 2nd Edition (Pelgrane Press)

• Adventurer, Conqueror, King System II (Autarch LLC)

• Amboria: Roleplaying in the World Under Starlight (Strange Owl Games)

• Assassin's Creed (CMON)

• Break!! (Grey Wizard)

• Broken Weave (Cubicle 7)

• Cairn 2E (Space Penguin)

• Cohors Cthulhu (Modiphius)

• Deathmatch Island (Old Dog Games/Evil Hat Productions)

• Daggerheart (Darrington Press)

• Diablo RPG (Glass Cannon Unplugged)

• Dolmenwood (Necrotic Gnome)

• Eat The Reich (Rowan, Rook and Deckard)

• The Electric State Roleplaying Game (Free League)

• Final Fantasy XIV TTRPG Starter Set (Square Enix)

• His Majesty the Worm (Rise Up Comus)

• Into the Mother Lands (Green Ronin/Tanya DePass)

• Knave 2E (Ben Milton)

• The Laundry 2nd Edition (Cubicle 7)

• Lords of the Middle Sea (Chaosium)

• Monty Python's Cocurricular Mediaeval Reenactment Programme (Exalted Funeral)

• Mythic Bastionland (Chris McDowall)

• Mythic Iceland 2E (Chaosium)

• Pendragon 6E (Chaosium)

• Pioneer (Mongoose Publishing)

• QuestWorlds (Chaosium)

• Ronin (Slightly Reckless Games)

• Savage HeXXen (Ulisses Spiele)

• The Secret World (Star Anvil Studios)

• Shadow of the Weird Wizard (Schwalb Entertainment)

• Shadow Scar (R. Talsorian)

• Stonetop (penny lantern)

• Tales of the Valiant (Kobold Press)

• Talislanta 6th Edition (Everything Epic)

• Tiny Cyberpunk (Gallant Knight Games)

• Triangle Agency (Haunted Table Games)

• Urban Shadows 2E (Magpie Games)

• Mothership 1E

The results of this poll are hidden until it is manually edited by the user or site admin.

As we do every year, it's time to vote for the most anticipated tabletop roleplaying game of the coming year! Here is last year's Top 10 (spoiler: the winner was Chaosium's Pendragon 6E). Previous winners include 13th Age (2013), Star Wars Force & Destiny (2015), Rifts for Savage Worlds (2016), Trudvang Chronicles (2017), Vampire: the Masquerade 5th Edition (2018), Savage Worlds Adventure Edition (2019), Dune (2020 & 2021), and Twilight 2000 (2021), Blade Runner (2022), and Pendragon 6E (2023). What will be the most anticipated RPG of 2024?

Note: you need to be logged in to the site to vote.

We took nominations. Now it's time to vote. What will be the most anticipated RPG of 2024? You can vote for up to 3 games. Voting will be open for 2 weeks, until January 15th.

shutterstock_1452479252.jpg

Frequently Asked Questions
  • Why isn't my favourite game nominated? Did you nominate it?
  • Why isn't my nomination on the list? Check the nomination thread. If you made a valid nomination (name, link) and it's not in the poll, let me know ASAP so I can add it. The most common reasons for a game's nomination being invalid is because it's already available. Check DTRPG and the publisher's own website and make sure you can't already buy it there.
  • Did I make a mistake? Almost certainly. If you spot a game on the list which doesn't qualify (usually because it's already available!) let me know so I can remove it.
  • How does a game qualify? It must have been nominated by you in the nomination thread with a valid formatted nomination, it must be a standalone tabletop RPG (not a setting, adventure, supplement, etc.), and it's projected release date to the general public (not just Kickstarter backers) should be in 2024.

hawkeyefan

Legend
I had to go with:

• Stonetop- feels a bit weird to vote for a game I've been playing for more than a year, but at the same time, how can I not vote for it?
  • Eat The Reich- because the premise is amazing and because Rowan, Rook, & Decard have yet to disappoint.
  • Mothership 1E- Again, a bit odd to vote for a game I've had for a while, but I've only played a handful of games, and have been waiting for 1E to run a proper campaign.

Mothership took the place of Death Match Island, which would have been my original third choice. That's a good looking game, but I have to go with the three above.

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
for me, voted for Stonetop, Deathmatch Island, and Urban Shadows 2e. It was close between DMI and Cairn 2e, but I think it more likely that I will play Deathmatch Island as a one shot con game or with my indy game group for 2-3 sessions, than Cairn.
I'm hoping to actually get a longer term (10+ sessions) campaign going for Stonetop H2 2024 and then followed by same size campaign of Urban Shadows inH1 2025 (what?!? planning 2025 already?!)

Retros_x

Explorer
My most anticipated rpg is definitely D&D One, but since the biggest RPG did not get nominated, I am choosing 13th age 2nd edition, Daggerhart and Knave 2E.

Cohors Cthulhu got one of my 3 votes too, which I wasn't even aware of until I read the nomination thread. Having homebrewed a series of adventures for Cthulhu Dark Ages 3e, I'm glad to see the mythos being adapted to another era. TBH though, while I'm a big fan of 2d20 Star Trek Adventures, I'm not so keen on the system for other settings and genres - have Dishonored and Infinity and they both fizzled for my group. I would have prefered an adaption of ancient Rome which used the CoC7 rules. I'll at least buy the PDF and get it to the table for a try.

Cthulhu Invictus is right there, ready to download.

I went for

Deathmatch Island, though I doubt I'll have a chance to run it. It's just very neat and beautifully presented.

Eat the Reich, which looks like a blast, and I'd love to take that system out for a spin.

Mythic Bastionland, the first McDowall game I'm really excited about. I like how it layers some complexity onto his previous games' super-light chassis.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads