• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Vow of poverty question

As I mentioned in the post above yours, rather untrue on all counts. In a game with standard wealth, and even a game with reasonable yet lower than standard wealth, VoP is power reducing yet reasonable on a druid, incredibly weak on a monk (they really need items to function effectively), and that becomes even more true in the hands of a min-maxer, as there's a lot more variety and complexity in itemization than there is in VoP use.

Having watched a powergamer with VoP druid break an otherwise RAW, limited splat game, I emphatically disagree. Sure, you can build a more powerful druid, but that doesn't make the VoP combination less dangerous.

eggynack

First Post
Having watched a powergamer with VoP druid break an otherwise RAW, limited splat game, I emphatically disagree. Sure, you can build a more powerful druid, but that doesn't make the VoP combination less dangerous.
That's not because VoP is good. It's actively detrimental to druid power. It's because druid is one of the most powerful classes in the entire game, and the fact that VoP removes power isn't enough to make that untrue. It's not just that you can build a more powerful druid, but that most well built druids are going to be more powerful. The combination at hand isn't druid + VoP, but druid + intelligent build and play of any kind.

doghead

thotd
I quite like the idea of using Vow of Poverty as a pre-requisite for entry into a paladin order (not all paladin orders).

It would require a bit of rewording of the conditions.

I would allow the paladin to have armour, a sword and possibly a lance, as well as a war-horse as these things seem fundamental to the concept.

I think it would be cool. I might try one as a NPC in my game.

thotd

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads