W3: The Eidolon (Bront Judging)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarlockLord

First Post
"I will assist Haltash with the interrogation as needed, but I am ready to give chase whenever." Shadow's eyes gleam dangerously as he says this. "Eidolon...hmm...as a child I heard stories of an entity in a mountain temple named the Sapphire Eidolon who was exceedingly wise and knowledgeable. I remember little else though. Usually I ignored that part and asked my dad to skp to the fight scenes," he grins.

Velmont

First Post
Haltash turns toward Shadow. "We should interrogate the raider together, using the classic good guard/bad guard. I would play teh abd, and you teh good. I'll demoralize him and then you'll charm him. After that, I threaten him and you tell him you are here to help him and his teammates. I'll conceal your thoughts, so they will have harder time to see any lie you could create. Pretend the ship they have stolen is not stable and that if they help retrieve the ship, they will be free, that way, they will be more willing to help. I suppose with all that, we should have all teh information we want. What do you think of that?"

Patlin

Explorer
T'Ranis is dissapointed to hear that such tricks would be necessary. He had hoped the telepaths could employ some sort of mind probe, but he wasn't really clear on how difficult such skills were to master. Such tricks might work if the theft was economically motivated, but the Githzerai could think of a number of situations where it would be fruitless... religous fanatics, nationalists, and those in terror of some untold villain would be less likely to be so easilly swayed. Unless of course, the telepaths can make the prisoner especially suseptable to suggestion, and perhaps that is what they intend. T'Ranis considers remaining silent, but decides a few words are in order.

"He may not consider the others friends. Perhaps appealing to his self interest, such as offering him his freedom if his information proves usefull?"

WarlockLord

First Post
"That would appear to be in order. We could keep in touch with the rest of the party via mindlinks," replies Shadow as he turns toward T'Ranis.

Patlin

Explorer
T'Ranis puts his hands together over his chest, in a gesture that is half nod and half bow, defering to the other's judgment.

Wik

First Post
At the mention of the group splitting up, Graff steps in. "Staying together would be wise. Much of my crew is already with the prisoners - I'd like you to meet some of them. I don't need help where I'm going - in fact, you'd slow me down. I have the Majestic... well hidden."

He listens to the other questions as well - "I don't know where the Eidolon got it's name from. One of my developors came up with it. I named Majestic, though. She's a good ship, despite her flaws."

"The Majestic's main bad side is that she's hard to control at times - still a little unstable. I fixed that problem on Eidolon, after learning about it on Majestic. She has other, minor, faults as well. But wait until you see her; I guarantee youw ill have never seen a better airship. She's beautiful."

Finally, he stands up, putting the healing vials on the table. "Alright. I will go round up Majestic. Here are the directions to the tower. I will see in you little more than an hour."

The directions to the tower are on a scrap of paper. It's not that distant - and a skycoach waits outside.

Any last minute questions?

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
WarlockLord said:
"Classic good guy/bad guy. Let's do it. He'll sound like a gurgling brook when we are done with him."
Tondrek looks at the man with an innocent look on his face. "Ooo! I saw a man once who could make brook noises! He was an entertainer down near Firelight! Made all sorts of noises with a neat little machine. I think it was powered by magic mouths, or really small warforged! That's the secret to all great construction: miniaturization!"

When Graff mentions it is time to leave, Tondrek struggles to stand up, wobbles a bit, overbalanced, then manages to stand. "Let's go!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads