• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wacky Eldritch Blast Tradeoffs...

Empath Negative

First Post
So, this is sort of a "World with only Warlocks" revisited.

The more I think about it, the more the concept of it is just awesome. This, of course, got me mulling reasonable variants for doing away with the Warlocks eldritch blast.

For example, imbue item goes to first level and at fifth level and every five levels thereafter you get a free item creation feat.

or....

You choose a domain at first level, and every five levels thereafter. You gain the domains granted power if it is applicable to your character, and may create items that require spells from those domains without being required to make the normal Use Magic Device check for Imbue item. You are still required to pay any experience points are gold as normal.

or...

At first level you gain a Familiar as per a wizard/sorcerers familiar, as well as wild empathy. At third level you gain an animal companion as per a druid of your level. At fifth level you gain a mount as per a paladin of your level. You must meet any alignment restrictions.

or...

At first level and every five levels thereafter you gain the Extra Invocation feat.

or....

You gain the ability to turn/rebuke undead as a Cleric of your class level.

or....

... well, what have you got that's better? I'd love to hear.

emoplato

First Post
So, this is sort of a "World with only Warlocks" revisited.

The more I think about it, the more the concept of it is just awesome. This, of course, got me mulling reasonable variants for doing away with the Warlocks eldritch blast.

For example, imbue item goes to first level and at fifth level and every five levels thereafter you get a free item creation feat.

or....

You choose a domain at first level, and every five levels thereafter. You gain the domains granted power if it is applicable to your character, and may create items that require spells from those domains without being required to make the normal Use Magic Device check for Imbue item. You are still required to pay any experience points are gold as normal.

or...

At first level you gain a Familiar as per a wizard/sorcerers familiar, as well as wild empathy. At third level you gain an animal companion as per a druid of your level. At fifth level you gain a mount as per a paladin of your level. You must meet any alignment restrictions.

or...

At first level and every five levels thereafter you gain the Extra Invocation feat.

or....

You gain the ability to turn/rebuke undead as a Cleric of your class level.

or....

... well, what have you got that's better? I'd love to hear.
While Eldritch blast as a base isn't fantastic it makes for about half of what Warlock has to offer inside the class. As a class that was suppose to be a blaster this is the only base offensive option they have. There are so many shape and essences tied to it removing it calls for a rewrite, not an ACF.

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
So in a world with only Warlocks, they are less Warlock-y?

And more... other classes?

The Call of the Wild invocation grants Wild Empathy.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads