• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wages in Texas - input/advice

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
One other factor to consider: your buddy WILL need a dependable motor vehicle.

D/FW has public transportation- busses, light rail, and taxis- but its not as integrated and complete a system as you'd find out East in cities like NYC or Boston.

Style

Explorer
Good points. Thanks again everyone for your input and advice. I've passed it all to my friend and he'll be responding to the offer today or tomorrow I think. I return now to lurking and choosing my next pair of boots.

Thanks!!!

Rackhir

Explorer
Good points. Thanks again everyone for your input and advice. I've passed it all to my friend and he'll be responding to the offer today or tomorrow I think. I return now to lurking and choosing my next pair of boots.

Thanks!!!

Don't forget there's no National Heath Service here. So any health care is generally dependent on your job. So if you loose the job you will probably loose healthcare as well. Also pre-existing conditions may well make it impossible to get it on your own or unaffordable.

Janx

Hero
Don't forget there's no National Heath Service here. So any health care is generally dependent on your job. So if you loose the job you will probably loose healthcare as well. Also pre-existing conditions may well make it impossible to get it on your own or unaffordable.

Well, there's some local programs that can help. I found out from one friend that Harris county had some Gold card thing you could easily apply for (as in down the hall in the county hospital) and that pretty much covers you.

In his case, his girlfriend and hurt her knee pretty bad and did not seek treatment (having no real money). About a year later, things got bad enough, he brought her in. All the "normal" places would not treat her without insurance. At the county hospital, they had no clue they could apply for the card program until somebody mentioned it. Basically a best kept secret.

Definitely a hit or miss if you don't have insurance. Something to worry about.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads