• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Walmart has the books for preorder

Mercule

Adventurer
Nice. But compare this:
Walmart said:
Preorder this item today and it should arrive on or just after 06/28/2008
to this:
Amazon said:
Shipping estimate: June 10, 2008
Also, after free "Super Saver" shipping and the $3.15 discount for pre-ordering, I'm getting mine for only $59.82 from Amazon. After you add the shipping in, Walmart comes to $60.64.

Either way, it's all pennies. I only did all the math because I saw the delivery date from Walmart.

morgul97

First Post
Target lists the books also, but it looks like they have a deal where they get them through Amazon (similar to Borders online). However, if you have any Target gift cards lying around, this might be a good way to use those up.

Darrin Drader

Explorer
Wal-Mart's online book selling practices left me less than happy a few years ago. When Mongoose announced the Minbari Federation book for Babylon 5, I put my order in with Wal-Mart right away since they were selling it for $10 less than cover price. Then, once the book was released, I was informed that Wal-Mart wasn't selling that book because they were unable to get it from the publisher, sorry, but we have to cancel the order. I called them up and was like, "Uh huh, yeah right. Can you say illegal business practice here?" They assured me that the book was simply not available and that they had no way of filling it. So I bought it elsewhere for full cover price, and then of course a week later I checked the Wal-Mart site to see if they had re-listed it and of course it was there for the correct price.

Legally, if you mis-mark the price of a product, you have to sell it at that price. Since Wal-Mart refused, and I really didn't feel like retaining a lawyer for a $10 price difference, I just informed them that they just lost a customer and I've refused to give them my business ever since. I'll keep my Amazon order, even if it is $5 higher.

VBMEW-01

First Post
olshanski said:
The wal-mart versions have been edited, removing adult content.
Also, the binding is going to fall off in a matter of weeks.

iT'S FUNNY CAUSE IT'S TRUE!!!!

oh, sorry bout the near tumult. I look at it now and realize what it would've done to me. I wouldn't've even read the thread in my haste to get to satanland errr...wal-mart

Delgar

First Post
I probably shouldn't say it, but Wal-Mart did ship the Star Wars Saga book out early so people had it days in advance of the release date...

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Whisperfoot said:
Wal-Mart's online book selling practices left me less than happy a few years ago. When Mongoose announced the Minbari Federation book for Babylon 5, I put my order in with Wal-Mart right away since they were selling it for $10 less than cover price. Then, once the book was released, I was informed that Wal-Mart wasn't selling that book because they were unable to get it from the publisher, sorry, but we have to cancel the order. I called them up and was like, "Uh huh, yeah right. Can you say illegal business practice here?" They assured me that the book was simply not available and that they had no way of filling it. So I bought it elsewhere for full cover price, and then of course a week later I checked the Wal-Mart site to see if they had re-listed it and of course it was there for the correct price.

Legally, if you mis-mark the price of a product, you have to sell it at that price. Since Wal-Mart refused, and I really didn't feel like retaining a lawyer for a $10 price difference, I just informed them that they just lost a customer and I've refused to give them my business ever since. I'll keep my Amazon order, even if it is $5 higher.

That is EXACTLY what happened to me with Amazon.com concerning Monte Cooks Ptolus book. And I had the same argument with them. So, it's not reserved to Walmart.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads