Wanna come work out with me? (Seminar for fitness "newbs" and oldbies alike)

Mikaela Barree

First Post
Hey guys!

So right now I have two unfilled slots - my Fitness for Freelancers seminar (SEM1343194), and the corresponding workshop (WKS1343195). They're looking a wee bit sparse, and while I wouldn't terribly mind cancelling the workshop (sleep is good!), I wanted to shout out and see if anyone was interested in attending.

My plan was to make a little booklet for those at the seminar, illustrating different moves, good quick recipes, and free youtubes and blogs to watch for ideas. If there's more interest leading up to the con, I'll definitely make up a few of these.

The workshop was going to be a little demonstration of some of the moves in the booklet, how to do them safely and right, with different mods for difficulty or ease or injury.

If you're interested in coming along, I'd love to see you there! (Also, if you an experienced geeky fitness guru, I wouldn't mind having a few more panelists besides myself, so send me a PM!).

Mikaela Barree

First Post
I'm intrigued, but also lazy enough not to want to go find a GenCon schedule catalog. When and where are the events?

Both are just an hour long.

The seminar is on Friday at noon, at ICC Sagamore 5.

The workshop is on Sunday at 10:00 am, ICC 206.

At least that's what it is now. They've been moving the space around somewhat. :)

Thanks for the info. I'm interested, but I don't think I can commit to coming. Too much is in flux depending on what friends at the con are up to. I do hope you get some more interested folks (or, failing that, get a chance to sleep in on Sunday).

If this is still going on, I'd show up Sunday morning. Let me know if it's been canceled; otherwise I'll show up, ticket in hand.

Now to bed, since I'm going to try to jog a 5k at 6am. Hahaha, I am mad.

Remove ads