• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

want a prestig class

Belgarath

First Post
I am currently playing a preist of Tempus in a game. He uses a battle axe of course. He has power attack, cleave, and combat reflexes for feats.

I am looking for a good prestige class, preferable one that will allow him to continue raising his spellcasting level. The prestige class should be centered on melee combat. The books seems to be a little light on the warrior cleric prestige classes.

cignus_pfaccari

First Post
Zombie-a-GoGo said:
Hospitaler from DotF.

Witch Hunter's good for that; half spellcasting, good BAB, Fort, and Will saves, bonus feats (Power Attack, Cleave, Great Cleave), divine grace, and SR vs. Evil spells towards the end.

Of course, the Tempus-cleric already has Power Attack and Cleave, but hey.

Brad

the Jester

Legend
If you're LG, you might consider taking some paladin levels and some of the divine feats from CW/DotF. You'd have a ton of turning attempts to turn in for damage with Divine Power (or is it Divine Might? I always mix 'em up), and though the paladin levels wouldn't increase your clerical spellcasting you would get good synergies in a lot of other areas.

JoeGKushner

First Post
It's probably from my old days of playing most of my clerics as bad men who punished worse men ala laying the smack down as priests of St. Cuthbert but I've found most clerical PrCs don't fit my "I'm almost as tough as a warrior but can cast this!" deal.

About the closest would be the Divine Hammer (sp?) from Q. Cleric (and Ultimate Prestige Classes Vol 1). Mainly, I just multi-class cleric-fighter on an almost even basis. Sure, I'm no where near as powerful with spells but... when the greatsword comes down... people know whose the god!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads