• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Want to help test my new 4e adventure 'Big Trouble in Little Maplebrook'? (It's free)

quantum14

First Post
I decided to try my hand at formalizing adventures I make for my party, and here is the first result. I give you, Big Trouble in Little Maplebrook . I have hosted the tactical maps in a separate imgur gallery.
This is a first draft beta version, but I thought it might help any DMs here looking for a fun one-off adventure to run, especially if they don't have a chance to design their own.

Here's a short introduction:
This adventure for 3rd level characters puts the PCs into the middle of a conflict between a tribe of Orc bandits and a group of human mercenaries called The Perfect Blades. After rescuing a gnome trader from the most recent Orc attack, they are asked by Wilborth Bottlefritz, the owner of a famous winery, to investigate the increase in piracy and violence. Wilborth sends out valuable weekly shipments of his wine - it is a renown vintage that is sought by many races in distant lands, but they have been intercepted with alarming frequency recently. Behind the scenes, however, a doppleganger has been manipulating events to his advantage...

Again, this a beta version, meant more to gauge interest than be used a final product. Changes already planned for the next iteration are:

*More 'read aloud' dialog with NPCs
*A full city and area map for Maplebrook (I'm working on this now, just have to make sure it looks right)
*Additional investigation options
*Polish, polish, polish
So, if this looks like something you might be interested in, please download and give it a read-through. I'd love to hear any feedback and comments you have to offer, and if anyone runs it with their group, let me know how it went!
If anyone is interested, I used a wonderful piece of software called Masterplan to organize this adventure.
Lastly, if you do get some use or enjoyment out of it, please consider donating a few bucks to my Paypal email. Thanks!

Remove ads