Want to try the Kobold

Demoquin

First Post
Variant Kobold Racial Traits

Natural Weapons: Kobolds have two primary claw attacks that deal 1d3 points of slashing damage plus Strength bonus, and a secondary bite attack that deals 1d3 points of piercing damage plus 1/2 Strength bonus. Despite possibly being the weakest reptilian humanoid, kobolds retain a connection to their feral nature.

Thanee

First Post
I see, you are not using the standard kobold. :)

Well, the above answer (about natural attacks) is still valid, of course. No iterative attacks from high BAB.

However, if you use a weapon, you can also use some natural weapons (as secondary attacks (at -5 and with ½ Str bonus)) in addition. For example, you use a one-handed sword with BAB +6/+1, then you can also attack with one claw and the bite (both at -5 and with ½ Str bonus). If you use a two-handed sword you can only attack with the bite in addition (both 'claws' are already used otherwise, namely to wield the sword).

Bye
Thanee

Demoquin

First Post
What would druid add to a kobold? Low STR would not matter as i can shapeshift into a melee form, and increase the size as well.

Also looking at the new shapeshifting druid, it looks pretty damn weak. I guess it all depends on what your stats are to begin with. It also states some jumbo about increasing its size in some detail but also mentions you keep your original size? Also same thing about reach, if you are large you get 10' reach. They seem to think you only get 5' for medium. (Which is true, but some shifts you gain size which would add to this.)

Any decent PrC's focused on Wildshaping? I think MOMF was good but cant recall the book it was in.

javcs

First Post
Master of Many Forms is CAdv.

Technically, the whip is finesseable, but it is not good - whip dagger/mighty whip dagger (from Arms and Equipment) are lethal damage irregardless of armor bonuses .. don't remember what else they've got.
Spiked chain, though is the pick of choice.

Kobolds make pretty good stealthy types. They can also have an edge over most other PC casters, AC wise, but are similar to elves HP wise.

If psionics are used, soulknife, or possibly psion/psi-war, would be the way to go. Then into pyrokineticist ... and hope for few fire resistant/immune opponents.

Pick up a level of Sorceror/Warmage somewhere and go Dragon Disciple on their faces.
Check for a kobold paragon class, it might be useful, but might not.

Remove ads