• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Want to Work for Paizo?

WesSchneider

First Post
About six years ago a news item very much like the one currently on the ENWorld front page today showed up. It read: "Dragon Magazine hiring Assistant Editors."

Less than two weeks after clicking on that link I had moved from Maryland and was living in Seattle working at my dream job. And I'm still doing that today. And it's only gotten better.

Today this link says

If you're ambitious, enthusiastic, educated and/or experienced as a writer, knowledgeable about Pathfinder, Golarion, and the Pathfinder RPG, and are totally serious, this could be your big break.

So click the link and wow me.

Only awesome people wanted.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
While I am an awesome person(tm), alas, the 3,000 mile commute would be too much of a bear.

(And I'm not sure you could afford me. ;) )

But good luck with the search!

Is_907

First Post
Aww, why wasn't the editorial assistant position open three months ago when I needed a job? Haha
Just relocated to Texas... Washington would have been better, I think.

Good luck to all who apply.

Shemeska

Adventurer
What DaveMage said.
shemmysmile.gif

That said, somebody is going to get an awesome job out of this, and I wish them luck with the months of hazing they'll have to endure.

And for the intern position, why couldn't this have been around 7 years ago when I was an intern with NIEHS (because I needed summer money more than it having much relation to my primary degree)? That would have been truly awesome. Somebody will enjoy the heck out of that.

Rhiannon Star

First Post
I'm not interested in the editorial positions, but I did notice the CSR opening. I have to ask -- four years of post-secondary education for a customer service position? I'm curious as to the kind of pay it provides. Either that or I am drafting some wicked correspondence to your customers. I mean, I currently work as Tier I tech support with two years of the humanities and liberal arts behind me. Granted, I came to the company with previous call centre experience, but it wasn't 2-4 years' worth.

I can't apply for the CSR position because I'm in Canada, but perhaps for the benefit of others you could expand on that requirement a bit more. Which brings me to another point: I have no idea how your office is set up, but telecommuting would be so cool.

Yeah the 9,000 mile commute and the fact I have no training or experience with media means I am unlikely to apply. I'd love to though as I am awesome :p

Good luck to those who do apply :)

James Jacobs

Adventurer
I can't apply for the CSR position because I'm in Canada, but perhaps for the benefit of others you could expand on that requirement a bit more. Which brings me to another point: I have no idea how your office is set up, but telecommuting would be so cool.

I can't speak to the CSR question, but I can to the telecommuting one. Since we operate on a VERY deadline driven business model AND we benefit from having a think-tank type environment, telecommuting is not really an option for us. It's just not really part of the corporate culture of Paizo, on one level, and on another the delays that can introduce into our process as we wait for emails or whatever to come through at odd last-minute hours can really hurt a schedule.

Remove ads