Wanted Bren Greycastle preferably alive!

Ruthia

First Post
Chuckling when she hears Khaira's voice she stays silent as Khaira let Agudo have a piece of her mind as well. After Aguod says his piece to Khaira, Ruthia lowers her hood and bows politely to Khaira

"*Arwenamin, cormamin lindua ele lle. I was just commenting to our..OLD...friend here how much we missed his...humor."

Ruthia gives a dry chuckle as she looks at Agudo.

"But you are Right **Ru, he hasn't learned to be quiet about things..."

*My Lady, my heart sings to see thee.
**friend

Khaira

First Post
Khaira smiled to Agudo, leaning in quite a relaxed state as she patiently received his responses. With mischievious vengeance glinting in her eyes, Khaira walked up to Agudo, only pausing when her face was close to the Archmage's.

"I find it most interesting that the only reason said bounty hunter's desire my "red head" is because of your overzealous, black-and-white, fool of a friend, Keldorn. I also find it interesting that you and Keldorn, both of whom preach the law, couldn't sit still and wait for a fair judgement to be passed. Keldorn had to take it into his own hands, and you did nothing to stop him ... which makes you just as guilty as your overzealous friend.
You had to enlist your whole legion of the Army of Light in order to attempt to capture and kill me. That says one thing to me..."

Khaira turned, nodding to Ruthia, and began walking towards her. She inclined her head back to Agudo, venomous malice rolling off her tongue.

"Cowards. Dishonorable cowards. Hypocritical, dishonorable cowards, whom preach law, order, and fair judgement, but can't wait for those very things to take place."

Khaira's voice softened to almost naught but a murmur.

"Most who know me are aware that I am quite volatile, unpredictable, and chaotically dangerous. I treat my enemies with no mercy, and I do not stand for their lies and hypocritical truths."

Khaira turned to face Ruthia, bowing to her.

"Greetings, arwenamin. You always seemed to have a knack for attracting the stupidity of cowards, Ruthia ... that's why it makes it so fun to remain around you.

I'm surprised that someone hasn't taught the fool of a mage how to be quiet yet. His pompous ego needs to be deflated, I'm thinking."

Feeling like he was in a coop with a bunch of cackling hens.
Agudo lets those rants for a moment not wishing to get there feathers in a bunch.
When Ruthia reveals herself it was of little revelation yet the Light Mage gave a mock surprise on his face.
Why Ruthia what a small realm indeed
I thought that was your sweet brimstone perfume that I smelled.

Yet the sharp tongue of Khaira continued unabated spewing her one-sided view of the trial.
My ego or no I believe from what Keldorn has said that his point of view was the trials failure fell completely on your very own lawyer. Myranthor.
Do to his lack of defense for you and his ability to slow the judicial process down to the point that It felt like we were waiting months for him to speak.
In fact he had vanished from the trail causing the whole case to nearly collapse.

Agudo shakes his head still puzzled by his former Elvin pupil
If I didn’t know better I would say it look like Myranthor had given up.

Waving his hand as if dismissing the thought
In any case the military would not let you get off with some hung-jury or technicality that Myranthor had created by his lack of actions.
Rubbing his short blond chin beard he mused softly as he stared pass the two women.

Besides ....

He took in a small breath as if collecting his thoughts
Besides Keldorn knew my feelings about you and ...he ....he did the only thing he knew how to save your life.

Looking Khaira in the eyes he went on
Yes that’s right!
He knew that your friends would not stand by and see you taken by him or his troops
Keldorn Firecam made sure you had a clear opportunity to escape and the commotion created by him was all a dramatic ...well....like some dramatic Bardic ruse.

Slightly shrugging Agudo let out another sigh
Granted there is no love lost between you two
Never the less Keldorn is a good friend to me more like a brother.
Who let you go for my sake the thought of seeing you put to death was more than I could have taken.

Touching the back of his neck Agudo grimaced as he looked at Ruthia for a moment
Still feeling the whip-flash caused by the fall from Ruthia he added one last thing as he returned his gaze to Khaira with concern in his eyes.

I would like to think that was the only reason he let you go
But Firecam has another reason to see you free Khaira and apparently it’s much bigger than the trial.
What that was he would not say but in cryptic words to me
That your long lost past was catching up with you and he planed to be there when it did.
Firecam seem very sure about this.

Blinking for a moment Agudo truly had a sad look as if trying to see into her past and future.
Travel in the Light Khaira
I would hope Firecam is mistaken for somethings in the past are best forgotten about.

With a small bow to each women Agudo bid them well as he started to walk away
he said over his shoulder.
Im sure will bump into each other agin Ruthia fly well and free O' dragon kind of the skys,

Last edited:

Ruthia

First Post
*Shaking her head at the Mage as he walks away Ruthia mutters something under her breath in draconic. She looks at Khaira and giving a slight nod, she walks away.*

Khaira

First Post
A fire seemed to burn in Khaira's eyes as he tried to tell her that Agudo had let her have an "easy" escape and that he was, in fact, sympathizing for her.

"Easy, Agudo? Keldorn let me go, eh? So that was why he had every soldier attacking to kill, every cleric and wizard throwing every spell they knew at me, and the whole courtyard involved in anarchaic battle? Can we forget, too, about how Keldorn's little gnome friend very nearly killed my companion and mount? Or can we forget about how that very same arrow from Keldorn's little gnome friend struck me unconscious and almost killed ME?

Let me go, Agudo? I had to fight tooth and nail for my very life! I lost many of my bardic students that day, many of Keldorn's precious knights were fallen, and gods only know how many others were scarred for life? And you. You. Did. Not. Do. A. Single. Thing. To. Stop. It. I'd wonder, in fact, how much you or Keldorn actually cared about the lives that were changed that day! Keldorn didn't want to kill me? Agudo, opened your damned eyes! He took every possible step to ensure that I didn't leave Hillsfar alive!"

Khaira looked at Agudo with disbelief ... he still believed that her helping Kheldar was personal? She shook her head, brushing strands of auburn hair from her eyes.

Don't tell me you still believe that I assisted Kheldar solely to spite you, Archmage; surely even you know me better than that!
If you think Keldorn taking my voice is a better punishment, then you ARE a naive fool. The loss of my voice would be death, Agudo...and I've yet too much else to do. I can't allow that to happen."

Khaira paused and followed Agudo until she was only a short distance away.

"Someday, Agudo, you might awaken and come to the realization that my actions in Hillsfar with Kheldar had nothing to do with you. You might awaken to the knowledge that everything that I did that day had nothing to do with anyone that was there ... no one except me.
I know you probably don't believe that, and Keldorn probably refuses to believe that, but that choice's up to the both of you.

And, no Agudo, the past can never be forgotten for its importance."

Khaira turned then, beginning to move away from Agudo, pausing only to call over her shoulder to the fading figure of the Archmage

"I pray that, if we ever meet again, you won't yet hold such bitterness or convoluted perceptions of your memories ... Walk in the Light, Agudo."

Last edited:

Khaira
"Easy, Agudo? Keldorn let me go, eh? So that was why he had every soldier attacking to kill, every cleric and wizard throwing every spell they knew at me, and the whole courtyard involved in anarchic battle? Can we forget, too, about how Keldorn's little gnome friend very nearly killed my companion and mount? Or can we forget about how that very same arrow from Keldorn's little gnome friend struck me unconscious and almost killed ME?
Let me go, Agudo? I had to fight tooth and nail for my very life! I lost many of my bardic students that day, many of Keldorn's precious knights were fallen, and gods only know how many others were scarred for life? And you. You. Did. Not. Do. A. Single. Thing. To. Stop. It. I'd wonder, in fact, how much you or Keldorn actually cared about the lives that were changed that day! Keldorn didn't want to kill me? Agudo, opened your damned eyes! He took every possible step to ensure that I didn't leave Hillsfar alive!"

Khaira looked at Agudo with disbelief ... he still believed that her helping Kheldar was personal? She shook her head, brushing strands of auburn hair from her eyes

As Khaira followed him she finally relented for a moment allowing him to comment
Tossing his long blond hair over his blue and white shouldered robe he continued his path down the road.

“Like I said there was no love lost between you and Firecam.

Frowning as he spoke

Im sure it did feel like a fight to the death for Firecam needed it to be
General Keldorn didn’t let me know of his plan before hand.
It seems ironically enough the Knight kept the Wizard of Light in the dark.

Snapping his fingers loudly causing his ornate rune carved walking staff to appear yet without stopping he spoke on

According to Lord Keldorn he wanted your escape to be believable.
If he had just let you go Khaira ...
Then others in the military who desperately wanted you hung from the nearest tree would have rebelled against him.
It would have been a civil war in the army ranks and that would have cost even more lives.

Shrugging

As far as stopping it....what?
You trying to escape?
Ruthia trying to burn me alive?
Or the fanatical fans of yours trying to slay all who stood in your way?

Waving his many ringed hand as if the answer didn’t matter he continued

If helps in some small way the Gnomes deadly toys were for Ruthia
Yet she ran away only to return after the little inventor's (Giant Seeking Arrow) found your Rock Bird flying to you.

Khaira
Don't tell me you still believe that I assisted Kheldar solely to spite you, Archmage; surely even you know me better than that!
If you think Keldorn taking my voice is a better punishment, then you ARE a naive fool. The loss of my voice would be death, Agudo...and I've yet too much else to do. I can't allow that to happen."

Khaira paused and followed Agudo until she was only a short distance away.

"Someday, Agudo, you might awaken and come to the realization that my actions in Hillsfar with Kheldar had nothing to do with you. You might awaken to the knowledge that everything that I did that day had nothing to do with anyone that was there ... no one except me.
I know you probably don't believe that, and Keldorn probably refuses to believe that, but that choice's up to the both of you.

And, no Agudo, the past can never be forgotten for its importance
."

With some anger and yes it seem pain in his eyes Agudo finally looked at Khaira over his shoulder still moving as he did

No not to solely spite me ....not solely....and yes the loss of your voice would have felt like death!
No more than you one of my closest friends.... freeing the man who murdered me.

Slamming the heal of his staff on the ground as he walked as if trying to get some of the sad thoughts out the mage said one more thing

That was the idea the pain you caused me should be equal to your punishment

Turning he contused to walk even faster as if this was all too painful to go over.

Khaira
Khaira turned then, beginning to move away from Agudo, pausing only to call over her shoulder to the fading figure of the Archmage

"I pray that, if we ever meet again, you won't yet hold such bitterness or convoluted perceptions of your memories ... Walk in the Light, Agudo."

Her words rang in his head with a sigh he thought to himself

Khaira
That everything that I did that day had nothing to do with anyone that was there ... no one except me......... Walk in the Light, Agudo

Yes Khaira .... (Sigh) walk in the Light as well.
But you are wrong Firecam did believe you
Yet Keldorn has vowed to be there when you’re past catches up to you
Sadly I do not know why....
For what could a Knight who slays dragons and hunts down evil wizards know of a Bards past?

A tear went down his cheek as he walked looking into redisht sunset that so reminded him of Khaira

Last edited:

Ruthia

First Post
Walking in the Light said:
If helps in some small way the Gnomes deadly toys were for Ruthia
Yet she ran away only to return after the little inventor's (Giant Seeking Arrow) found your Rock Bird flying to you.

Stopping just before leaving she turns slightly to look at Agudo and Khaira, a strange light in her eyes as she looks at those she had once called friends.

"Agudo, one day you will regonize the differance between running from something and protecting something else. And when you do, then we'll talk. For that day, my family came first.. As they always have, and always will."

Thinking of her family brings a tear to her eyes, so much had happened since that day in Hillsfar, and most of it bad. Wiping her eyes she shakes her head and dissappears out the door of the tavern.

Remove ads