• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wanted! D&D Adventures [Paid]

Gnarl45

First Post
Most of the time, when I was looking for something to throw in because I was too busy to draw up were encounters with maps I could throw out in case the PCs explored somewhere I did not intend. Simple things like a few hook ideas, NPCs ideas, etc. A good DM keeps a few of these around to keep a step ahead. Even if it is not used whole, just to have filler.

That's the idea! I was also thinking about mini-crawls that the PCs can find on the side of the road (like in Skyrim) or other very short adventures ("find my cheating husband please - oh wait, that tramp is a succubus!").

If you have any other ideas, feel free to share them! I'd like to avoid DM tips though. I love reading them but there are hundreds of blogs that already said everything there is to say :).

As far as really short articles, would a "Encounter Sites" type article interest you?

I am thinking:

- One page max.
- Gives potential hooks.
- Has custom monster stats (but uses improved monsters showcasing DMG's DM toolbox chapter.)
- Has some flavor information.
- Maybe a map that can be printed out for battle mat fans.
- Details the encounter
- Followup and suggested outcomes for vanquishing the threat that is campaign/ setting neutral.

Bring them on! I wanted to finish the two adventures I started before I work on anything else but those are really easy to make and illustrate.

Green1

First Post
Yeah, DM tips are useful to read through. But someone looking for adventure ideas does not need them as much by that point and there are only so many topics to cover.

I do have to work and have a lot of life obligations. After all, few of us can pay rent off the stuff we love. I have a real problem article on a wiki project site I am trying to take a vorpal sword to that is problematic because it has to be written in a certain style and previous contributors really did not let it flow. (unrelated to DnD - but had a very niche following). But, I could technically have something in a day or three for initial review.

I'll go to your FB page and give you some initial examples of work I have out there to give you a sample of my writing style.

Remove ads