• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Wanting more content doesn't always equate to wanting tons of splat options so please stop.

Corwin

Explorer
Let us not forget that 2e lasted for 11 years which was not bad considering how it was supposed to have split its audience with all the different settings and constant release of content.

I wonder how the anti-content people reconcile that?
That's a good point. Maybe all current business models should be based on decades-old market trends. :eek:

Corpsetaker

First Post
Let us not forget that 2e lasted for 11 years which was not bad considering how it was supposed to have split its audience with all the different settings and constant release of content.

Not to mention the fact that the d20/3rd edition system is still going after 16 + years.

Although it also ended with the company producing it going bankrupt, which suggests that longevity as an isolated factor does not a successful edition make. :)

Edited for grammar

Corwin

Explorer
Not to mention the fact that the d20/3rd edition system is still going after 16 + years.
In that case, GURPS is the ultimate system! It has been going strong for 30 years (1986) and has a gazillion-and-nine splat books! The d20/3rd edition system ain't got nothing on that!

Shasarak

Banned
Banned
That's a good point. Maybe all current business models should be based on decades-old market trends. :eek:

I dont know man. WotC is struggling to acknowledge that the internet is a thing so where does that place the current business model? Even TSR was using electronic media so I guessing at least pre-90's strategy at this point.

Remove ads