• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wanting to query selection/progression of skills.

Nimmo

First Post
I decided to show how amazing the N.E.W. game was going to be to a few of my friends by creating the bridge crew from one of our shared favorite sci-fi book series (Randolph Lalonde's Freeground series) and I have hit a slight snag...

I can't quite figure out the method by which I select skills. I /think/ that I choose 3 at the starter career and then possibly one at each career after that, but I am not quite sure and I can't quite find in the rules where it spells this out for me.

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated, even just a "You're an eejit, look at page xx!" would be wonderful!

Thanks again and I already can't wait to get my hardcopy of both books when they are published (even if it is going to be nearly 2 years)!

Nimmo

First Post
Thanks for that. I have now found the relevant part of the book that says one skill per level, but I still haven't found the part that says 3 from your race.

Nimmo

First Post
So it is, read that page a few times, but never saw it. I guess I need to engage the brain a bit more.

Thanks again.

Remove ads