• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

War of the Burning Sky Item Question

yipwyg42

First Post
I noticed that one of the "witches" in the first encounter has a dragonhide breastplate. I was wondering if the rules from the draconomicon was used for that item. I am asking because I know my players will bring something about it up.

According to the Draconomicon it would take a colossal dragon to make one breastplate, is this correct or did they modify armor made from dragons (or for that matter other creatures) in another book.

Thanks

Wik

First Post
yipwyg42 said:
I noticed that one of the "witches" in the first encounter has a dragonhide breastplate. I was wondering if the rules from the draconomicon was used for that item. I am asking because I know my players will bring something about it up.

According to the Draconomicon it would take a colossal dragon to make one breastplate, is this correct or did they modify armor made from dragons (or for that matter other creatures) in another book.

Thanks

Well, I doubt the Draconomicon was used... the series is built to be OGL, after all. I think someone just took the dragonhide from the DMG rules and added it to an item. If you want to use the Draconomicon rules, feel free, though. I don't think it'll make much of a difference.

yipwyg42

First Post
Ya that is what I figured. I am just thinking that at least one of my players will make the comment on it, based on the draconomicon.

I just wanted to provide some treasure for druids. Hopefully it won't strain disbelief to say that some big green dragon was offed in the past. Maybe it was the (grand?)mother or father of the green dragon currently living in the mire, killed centuries before the campaign saga started.

Remove ads