• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Warcraft III?

Impeesa

Explorer
The War3 PHB has been listed as "Coming soon" on the main page here for ages. Presumeably, it was simply being held back until the game was released, but now the game's out and I haven't heard anything about the book. Has anyone else? I'd really love to run a game in the Warcraft world, but the book will be no use to me if it's some dumbed-down standalone introductory game like the Starcraft Alternity supplement was. Let's just say I'm not exaggerating much when I say I'd kill for a FRCS-sized treatment of the setting with all the necessary information (rules and background).

--Impeesa--

Superman

First Post
Where did you see it it listed?

I thought they announced they weren’t going to make it after all, like months ago.

Furn_Darkside

First Post
Salutations,

I know they will be releasing a coffee table book about the game and the world it takes place in. They are also releasing a MMPG (like Everquest) for the Warcraft world.

I have not seen any mention of a p&p rpg for Warcraft.

That seems a little silly to me, but if it happens.. I hope it is d20 so I can have the zepplin rules.

FD

A2Z

Explorer
Impeesa said:
... but the book will be no use to me if it's some dumbed-down standalone introductory game like the Starcraft Alternity supplement was.
The Starcraft supplement was such a disapointment. I was so looking forward to this thing and what I got was complete garbage. I was really hoping they would have done a full size hardcover like they did for the other Alternity settings. I hope the D20 Warcraft is well worth it. This is another product I'd love to see.

[Edit: Who knows. If this sells well maybe we'll see a D20 Modern Starcraft supplement. :) ]

Last edited:

Superman

First Post
I have the Diablo 2 book they made for 2nd DnD Edition "Diablo II: the Awakening" and it was pretty fun, so I'm hoping for the best. :)

Impeesa

Explorer
Furn - When you say coffee table book, are you referring to the art book that comes with the Collector's Edition of the game? I have that, and while it does provide some interesting tidbits, it's mostly art (duh). Even if we don't get a d20 book, I'd really love to see something along the lines of The World of Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time.

Blacksad - Softcover? *sniff* February? *breaks down in tears* ;)

--Impeesa--

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Note: I took the duplicate of this thread on a ride it ain't coming back from. ;)

- Darkness

Furn_Darkside said:

Yes, it was probably that. I apologize for any confusion.

FD

There is an Art of Warcraft book set to be released today (July 4) (at least according to amazon.com). The name of the book is the same as the one that is listed with the Collector's Edition. At least you can buy the book separately if you want.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads